My daughter and I stayed here recently for a cheerleading competition. We had stayed here last year and enjoyed it and this year it was even better! They seem to have done some remodeling, and the lobby and resturant were completely redone. The rooms were the same with very comfortable beds and fluffy and soft bedding. The bathroom was clean and functional. Location is excellent for access to shopping and dining, although the median does make it tricky to find the entrance to the hotel. If you're not familiar with the area, it might be frustrating. Even though I've stayed here before, I made a mistake twice missing the entrance. You have to go far up the turnpike to find a place where it is legal to make a u-turn and come back.
The front desk was courteous and helpful. I was on the conscierge floor, although I have no idea if there were any benefits to this - I did not see coffee or other drinks available as I have at other hotels with conscierge floors. No one explained the significance (if any) to us.
The only negative that comes to mind is the service at breakfast. The first morning we were shown to a table, only to learn from people siiting nearby that the table was in fact occupied. We were told to just pick any other table, which we did, but when we got up to get food at the (EXTREMELY SLOW) buffet, another family had taken our table. We stood around with trays of food in our hands for quite a while before we found another table. Our repeated requests for juice and tea were completely ignored. We finally gave up and bought tea at the gift shop. The next day we were seated and served promptly, but we were handed bills on four occasions for our complimentary meal. The waitstaff seem to have limited understading of English, so maybe it was just a communication problem.
All in all a good stay - maybe we'll bring bagels with us next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accessible yet sophisticated, the Tysons Corner Marriott is an ideal choice for travelers visiting the Northern Virginia area. Conveniently located in Tysons Corner, near notable Fairfax County cities like McLean, Reston, and Vienna, our hotel is close to an array of local businesses, top dining, and world-class shopping. Arrive by way of the nearby Tysons Corner Metro and experience our hotel's superior service, upscale accommodations, and thoughtful amenities. Our modern guest rooms and suites boast luxurious details like plush bedding and flat-screen TVs. Dine with us at our signature on-site restaurant, Shutters Bar & Kitchen, or get active in our 24-hour fitness center and indoor pool. If you're visiting for business, consider utilizing our 10,000 square feet of meeting space, or take advantage of our shuttle service to escort you to one of the nearby corporations. We look forward to hosting you here at the Tysons Corner Marriott for work, play, or a mix of both. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Tysons Corner Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tysons Corner Marriott Hotel Vienna
- Marriott Tysons Corner
- Marriott Hotel Tysons Corner
- Marriott Vienna
- Vienna Marriott