Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
ricklc2016
Raleigh NC, United States

Recent stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 7, 2017via mobile
My stay was in early November 2017 for 4 nights in business. Room was generally ok, housekeeping was a little off in cleaning bathroom counter tops and bath tub drain was clogged first day but this was corrected second day. Lounge food is really pretty good. Front desk staff very nice. Bottom line yes I would stay here again
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Algotels
    $133
1.8 miles from Tysons Corner Marriott
View more hotels in Tysons Corner
All reviews front desk lobby parking mall shopping beltway tyson corner
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

I was there for 4 nights in the mid of October. After a long travel, expected a quite place at least once you are in bed. Some school groups were creating havoc and there was no one to control them. It has started from 2nd night of my stay. First day, I kept quite thinking school kids are having their time. They come to your door, knock and disappear. In the balconies they run and were having fun like in a play ground. So definitely one can't sleep. I was bit surprised to see that no one from hotel came and tried to control the kids. On 2nd day same thing repeated. Was hell tired and thought to have a good sleep, because of noise and constant knocking at door, I was forced to complain at customer desk. However to my astonishment, other than assuring me, no action was taken and for almost 4 hours till around 2.30, I became an audience of child's play. Didn't expect from a hotel like Marriot.

On rooms, they were comfortable. Front desk guys were welcoming and helpful. To get food at night, one need to do some exercise :). 24x7 food corner was not available. Limited food options.

On lobby, the restaurant was not bad other than few attendents. The way they ask tips, it feel like rather than serving you they are busy to fill their pockets. Bar attendent's language were amusing. Good that Marriott is employing from all over the world, but they need to be trained at least to spell the drinks properly and also they need some manners.

Room service was really good. Gym was superb. Shuttle service and drivers were fantastic. So for business purpose, if you are travelling, not a bad place considering its location.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TridipK6
Guest S, Front Office Manager at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

To Tridip K,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As we pride our selves in delivering a memorable hotel experience, we have unfortunately fallen short of that goal. We do apologize.

Occasionally, there are times when our hotel is occupied by a wide variety of travelers, from business workers to tour groups. During these times, it is even more important that we are aware of the noise levels as people have various needs and travels schedules.

We have passed on your feedback to the appropriate hotel departments to ensure that this was an isolated incident. We look forward to having you stay at our hotel the next time your travels bring you back to the Tysons Corner area.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed in Marriotts from coast to coast and in between. This is the cleanest and the staff is incredibly nice.

For being right in the heart of things. It's quiet (minus the lobby) and relaxing.

You won't be disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We were looking for a little day "get away" and the Tysons Corner Marriott fit the bill! We were not sure of what to expect, but after being greeted by Carlos at the front desk, we knew that we were at the right place! We were promptly greeted as Platinum Members and advised of our benefits. Carlos is an outstanding ambassador for Marriott and he is definitely knowledgeable in all areas of the hospitality business. We got a room upgrade and advised of our selected amenities as per the Marriott website. Carlos spent as much time as we needed to answer questions about the local area, and to ensure that we had a pleasant stay. I was impressed with his dedication because he seemed to have had a very long day and he was just as friendly in the late evening as he was at our arrival!

The room was very comfortable. I like the auto door keys and the room layout. We had plenty of space and the bed was very comfortable. The TV was large and it was easy to operate and find the channels that interested us.

There were outlets built into the lamp that was very nice. It made it easy to charge our phones and other electronic devices while still being able to use them in bed. Lighting was plentiful and since we had a corner room, we had two windows to add additional lighting as well as for a view. The room also had a refrigerator for our personal items.

The hotel also offers free washing/drying. The machines were pristine and they operated very well. Across from the washing/dryer is the fitness center and pool. My compliments to the housekeeping and cleaning staff. This hotel was spotless! Everything was in place and very neat.

The upstairs lounge area is a bit small but the staff kept all food items in good supply. The dining area downstairs has a very nice layout and it is right in front of the front desk. It is very spacious and clean and the staff was once again outstanding.

The hotel offers transportation to local areas within a couple of miles. However, there are some locations such as a very nice mall (food, drinks, shopping, etc) that is within walking distance.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends. I think that you will enjoy it. Be sure to stop and say hello to Carlos and the rest of the staff....they will take good care of you.

Room tip: Ask at the desk. The hotel is located in a business area.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duck1963
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

To qualify this review, I am a Platinum level Marriott member and seasoned traveler. This is my first one star rating.

We waited an hour for check in after we were promised that they would call us when our room was ready. There was a communication glitch and no one ever called. Once we finally got into what was supposed to be an upgrade, neither television worked, there was only one roll of half filled toilet paper, the shower/tub didn't drain, and extra hangers requested came with tiny hooks that did not fit on the rod. When I requested a correction, I returned to the room and a stack of hangers with five rolls of toilet paper were, in my mind, sarcastically stacked in the room instead of put away properly with a note to say that your concerns have been remedied. The suite had a formal and unwelcoming conference table that no one would want to gather around. Lastly, the hairdryer was hidden in the hall closet instead of the bathroom making it difficult to find. Breakfast included powdered eggs and soggy potatoes.

In sum, I would never stay here again nor would I ever recommend it to anyone who is used to higher quality Marriott standards. Very disappointed!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Guest S, Manager at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Pthealth, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are constantly striving to provide our guests a seamless stay, it sounds like we were unable to achieve this during your stay. I am certainly disappointed to hear of the details of your stay! Please know that I have notified the appropriate department leaders of your experience. Should you like to discuss this further please reach out to the hotel directly and ask for the manager on duty!
Guest Experience Team
Tyson's Corner Marriott

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Stayed here for a Saturday night in mid-September. Although I was a quick in-and-out, the experience was really good. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable, room was clean and spacious (albeit a bit dated) and the price was extremely reasonable. Parking is in an underground garage, but can be easily figured out. The tough part about this property is getting to it / accessing it. It's on a one-way access road amid the Tysons concrete jungle. A good GPS or Google Maps + an illegal left turn will get you there though.

Date of stay: September 2017