“Good Marriott Property”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Marriott Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a pretty good Marriott property. I have high standards for Marriott and I have stayed here many times. There are ample good things about this property including the location and proximity to Tyson's corner mall, clean rooms, nice pool and gym, and renovations done to the lobby and restaurant downstairs were much needed. The rooms are OK for now, but they will need updating in a few years. As far as service goes, this place is below average compared to other similar properties. I've had good and bad experiences. The last time I stayed, the room they checked me into had a broken AC. I knew this because the setting was on 70 degrees and it was smoldering hot inside. When I told the front desk staff this story, the lady actually said to me "perhaps it is the afternoon sun". To this I replied, "perhaps so, but I want another room." The new room was much cooler. I have also been accused of stealing booze from the concierge lounge by the attendant. Dining staff have refused to split checks and other annoying little nuances. Overall, I like this property and will continue to stay here because of my loyalty to Marriott and the great location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for (4) nights. The location of this hotel is very convenient - very close to the 495 ramp. There is a huge mall behind it and a good many restaurants. (No good restaurants for breakfast though). We were on the 14th floor and had a view of the mall. Room was very clean. Mini fridge kept things nice and cold. My husband used the single cup coffee maker every day. Got room service one night and everything was very tasty and hot. We dined at Shutter's restaurant in the hotel - pricey, but good. The one thing we didn't like was that the rooms are very small. Other than that, no other complaints.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The staff at check-in is super friendly. The pool is nice and warm. Concierge lounge offers great healthy breakfast with perfect oatmeal, boiled egges, and fresh fruits. Conveniently located and next to many great ethnics restaurants (Neisha Thai is good, Brazilian bar looks cool and hip, the Tysons Mall is nearby, etc.) The ride to the airport is only 15 minutes. Perfect!!!

Room Tip: Request floor 15 if you are Marriott Reward gold or above.
Green Features: Nice to see they let you use the bath towel for more than a day. Please save water and our precious resources.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TCHotelManager, Manager at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Jimmy T.,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful response on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you took advantage of many amenities that this hotel has to offer such as the concierge lounge, the short trip to the airport and the vibrant culture Tysons Corner has to offer. We look forward to your future stays and take a ride on the Silver Line Metro, conveniently located 1 mile away.

Regards,
Vikas L.
Director of Hotel Operations - Rooms
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

1. Waitress is pushy to take up breakfast buffet ....
2. Waitress asked for a tip!!! Oops!
3. Old building
4. Rooms need a complete revamp

The only good thing are the toiletries.. They have this new brand - Than which is really cool!

Try and avoid this marriott if possible.

Stayed July 2014
TCHotelManager, Manager at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Apactraveller2012,
Thank you for staying with us and sending your review of your experience to TripAdvisor. I am sorry to read of your experience. I would very much like to speak with you about this, at your convenience. I am glad however that you enjoyed our new toiletries in our guest rooms. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel via the main number 703-734-3200.
Warm regards,
Vikas L.
Director of Hotel Operations - Rooms
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

A good experience at the Tyson's Marriott. My room was very clean and the staff was great in every way. I ate at the lobby bar and the food was quite good. The concierge lounge had a very good breakfast - salmon and eggs (eggs that weren't swimming in water - they were excellent). I do not like the Starbucks wait-10-minutes-a-cup coffee machines they've installed in some of the concierge lounges, but I guess they want to discourage coffee drinkers (its working).

In all a very good hotel, excellent staff, and a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Great specials and very accommodative. Employees are pleasant and greet you every time you step foot in the lobby. Every need met except for the restaurant/bar not open all day.

Pet policy was what got me to the hotel. No deposits or surcharges needed. Will stay here every time we visit the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The front desk ladies were very accommodating. The price was unbelievable - especially given the location and other hotel prices. Breakfast was delicious. I can't speak highly enough of how I was taken care of by the front desk. Hotel is located near the new silver line metro station - making it easy to get into DC. The station is walking distance - for adults. With children - use the Marriott shuttle. Great restaurants and mall across the street.

• Stayed July 2014
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#4 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Tysons Corner Marriott? Share your experiences!