The stay here was decent. I had a regular room which is of typical size for a full service Marriott - smallish and they feel tight for more than one person. The room was comfortable enough and clean. We did have several maintenance issues: the phone line had lots of static - I discovered this when I tried to call about a bad door opening mechanism (it couldn’t read our key cards consistently). The other issue was that a sliding door to the closet was broken. The frame had been literally splintered at some point in time and never reported. The maintenance guy took the door away as he felt it was a safety issue and replaced it the next day. The locking mechanism was replaced within an hour of reporting the problem. I said the phone could be fixed after I left as it didn’t bother me. I was in a room on the concierge floor and you’d think they’d be more on top of maintenance issues in these rooms. I have stayed here many years off and on and have had consistently great service in the restaurant for breakfast. The servers really do a good job. The front desk staff can be hit or miss.
They charge $6 for parking during the week but it is free on the weekends. Also, they have courtesy shuttle service on the weekend and we used it to get to the Metro. It will also take you to the malls nearby although one of them is close enough to walk.
The concierge lounge does a decent enough job and I was very pleased with the offerings although I'd have enjoyed a veggie tray or fruit in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accessible yet sophisticated, the Tysons Corner Marriott is an ideal choice for travelers visiting the Northern Virginia area. Conveniently located in Tysons Corner, near notable Fairfax County cities like McLean, Reston, and Vienna, our hotel is close to an array of local businesses, top dining, and world-class shopping. Arrive by way of the nearby Tysons Corner Metro and experience our hotel's superior service, upscale accommodations, and thoughtful amenities. Our modern guest rooms and suites boast luxurious details like plush bedding and flat-screen TVs. Dine with us at our signature on-site restaurant, Shutters Bar & Kitchen, or get active in our 24-hour fitness center and indoor pool. If you're visiting for business, consider utilizing our 10,000 square feet of meeting space, or take advantage of our shuttle service to escort you to one of the nearby corporations. We look forward to hosting you here at the Tysons Corner Marriott for work, play, or a mix of both. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tysons Corner Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tysons Corner Marriott Hotel Vienna
- Marriott Tysons Corner
- Marriott Hotel Tysons Corner
- Marriott Vienna
- Vienna Marriott