“Not that bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Not that bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Why do people say it isn't that good? I stayed here for a night, and it's not that bad. Really close to on the border (made me happy) and Tyson corner mall. Pool wasn't bad, not very deep, the whirlpool was really cool when it started to make bubbles. The people at the front desk was nice. Even though we were next to the pool, there wasn't much sound. Room was a decent size, bathrooms were a bit tiny but okay overall. Near a metro so you can go to D.C.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Anaheim, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The good - it is in a great location adjacent to the Tysons Corner mall, great restaurants and easy freeway access next to the beltway (and soon, the Metro direct to DC). The bad - overpriced, mediocre rooms and exercise facilities that are too small. The ugly - poor service. When I alerted the front desk of a foul smell in my bathroom and asked to be relocated, they declined and only sent up a handyman with a spray bottle of Simple Green to mask the odor. Clearly the bathroom wasn't clean. The management only seems to cater to large corporate accounts (MicroStrategy and Emirates Air). Our small company has been booking rooms here for our out-of-town guests (~200 nights/year) and I've personally stayed here over 75 nights last year. Surprisingly we can't seem to get lower than rack rates (now over $300/night) , free parking or any attention. Don't let the new lobby fool you, the property is in decline and the management is only focused on revenues. You're better off at the Ritz Carlton (for the same rate) or the McLean Hilton if you want to be in a good hotel in Tysons Corner

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else. If you must stay here, get a room away from the eleva...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Ashley K, Public Relations at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay. I understand you have met with our Director of Hotel Operations and are happy with the response and will continue to choose the Tysons Corner Marriott.

Please let us know if we may assist further. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Ashley
Cary, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is in a great location within walking distance (~10 minutes) to shopping. They offer a free shuttle to shopping that worked great to get us there, but never showed back up to get us. Luckily it was not a bad walk. The rooms were TINY and the walls were fairly thin, so it was very loud and cramped. They did have complimentary iPads in the lobby to use, and a pool. The service was not great on Friday, but excellent on Sat. when they learned that we had had issues with noise, the shuttle and our cable had not worked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night to shop and dine in the Tysons area. It is conveniently located on Rt. 7 right off of the 495. The outside looked a little dated but the lobby and the rooms seemed to be renovated. We wanted to stay here to get a shuttle to the mall so we could eat and drink without having to drive back. The van is on a first come first serve basis so when we saw it waiting outside we thought we were in luck but the driver was no where to be found. After waiting about 10 mins I asked the front desk to look into the location of the driver and they told us he was on his break and we had to wait another 20 mins. We didn't want to wait and ended up driving to the mall. The room was nice, it had a mini fridge and a decent view of the mall. We had a standard room with a king bed. We ate breakfast at the buffet located near the lobby which was convenient. They had a good selection and freshly made omelet. Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lava F
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've become a fairly regular visitor to DC these days and have tried several hotels in Tysons Corner since it is a great place to shop and an upscale part of our nations capital. This hotel treated me like a King on my first stay at this property. Thomas, the front desk manager displayed excellent customer service skills by calling me two nights before my stay to confirm the pool hours for the 4th of July and appreciate how he took time out of his schedule to make the call. It goes a long way in my book! He also upgraded me into a room that met my fickle parameters and the executive lounge surpassed my expectations with hors d'oeuvres, drinks and offers some wonderful views of the DC skyline and it's open everyday which surprised me because most of these executive lounges are closed on weekends or offer just snacks and water. Thomas also went out of his way to get me a shuttle to and from the Metro Stop because I was going to a baseball game on the 4th and he coordinated the timing with the driver both ways and made sure that my stay went well. The rooms are nicely appointed and enjoyed the comfy bed and flat screen TV and the housekeeping was inpeccable.

My only flaw with the hotel is that the pool and hot tub are in dire need of a touchup. Paint is peeling around the hot tub, jets were not pumping out water all the time and the pool area is peeling on the edges. However, I am avid swimmer and always stay at a hotel with a pool and it sufficiently met my needs. Location is a huge asset with the hotel because it is located off the Beltway and within walking distance of the largest shopping center in the DC Metro Area.

On my next visit to DC, I will make this #1 location to stay as long as the rates are favorable and they have some great rates and when I found out about the executive lounge, I thought this surpasses the Westin and Hilton in the area!

Room Tip: I enjoyed facing the Beltway but if you want a quieter location and view, stay on the side facing Ty...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SmilingSteve4
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for four nights during the July 4th weekend. The staff was very friendly both at the front desk and in the restaurant area. Our rate included the breakfast buffet which was very good although the selection was the same on all four days. Lola makes very good omelets and she is very friendly. As for the room it was comfortable although very small. It could use a few more drawers to put your things in and a bit of room to cross behind if somebody is sitting in the chair at the desk . The bed had plenty of pillows and the mattress was very comfortable which we appreciated after a long day walking in DC. The bathroom was very clean, the only thing was that we didn't get the same amount of toiletries or towels every day. One day we were left without bath soap and another day only two bath towels and no tissue box, other than that service was good. Room was a little noisier than I had hoped but that was because we were too close to the elevator. If I stay here again I would request a room further away from the elevator. Parking was ample and convenient. There area has a lot of places to eat at as well as the mall across the street. We were able to walk to eat on the first night we got there, area feels very safe. It is roughly a 5 minute ride to the Metro station which was very convenient for us since we wanted to take the train into the city. Overall a very pleasant weekend stay, I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to stay outside of the DC area but still have the convenience of getting into the city.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators, the "ding" is annoying at times as well as the cons...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Overall, I was satisfied with the facilities. Tyson's Corner Mall is also within walking distance so no worries as to what to do in the evening. The staffs were helpful in answering our queries. The free wifi in the lobby was fast. The staffs at the restaurants were very friendly and even chatted with us for a while. A great hotel to stay in even when you plan to visit Washington DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
#7 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 537 reviews

Been to Tysons Corner Marriott? Share your experiences!