“Great hotel”

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great hotel. I would definitely recommend it.i had a great experience staying at Marriott. The pool and fitness center were fun. I would go back. Check out the Tyson's corner mall and the Capitol tours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family (2 parents, 2 grandparents, 3 kids 5 and under) stayed one night on our way to the Outer Banks. The beds were nice, the Pack'n'Play that was provided was perfect, the bathrooms were nice, and while the parking didn't appear convenient at the outset, things worked out just fine. We never had to wait long for an elevator, and the entire place was very clean.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a great experience when I was traveling for business in Fairfax. I've stayed in Tysons Corner Marriott for two weeks and it is quite good: room is perfect, comfortable, clean, modern decoration and beautiful sheets. Room service was very good (I had dinner twice at my room). The hotel has a service to drive guests to the malls of the area (there are two not far from there). I used it many times and it was perfect for the nights, as I didn't have a car. The restaurant of the hotel is very good as well (breakfast was around 20 dollars, but with many options). Although business trips are stressful sometimes, staying at the Tysons Corner let it better!

Room Tip: They have a service for taking you for malls and stores at the area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Gustavo P
Ashley K, Public Relations at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Gustavo,

I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience at the Tysons Corner Marriott during your recent business trip. I am glad you got to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to both the Tysons Corner Center and the Tysons Galleria.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts…I will be passing your comments on to our Restaurant and Room Service team members for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm regards,
Ashley

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we came to Tysons Corner mall to visit the American Girl store. We had the "American Girl Package." We were promised a king sized bed in one room with an American girl bed, and pink sheets and towels and the other room was to have two double beds. When we arrived, we were told that there were no king sized beds available and that I must have misunderstood because they didn't have pink sheets. . . whatever! The little doll bed was cute though. The breakfast was much too expensive!!! Although, it was very good. This hotel was too over-priced. They didn't even include so much as a free newspaper. When we got home, our card was over-charged and we had to call and straighten that out! I was a bit disappointed with our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Ashley K, Public Relations at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I understand you were disappointed with the room type and offerings of the American Girl Package. At our hotel, the Tysons Corner Marriott, we include the American Girl Travel Doll Bed, complimentary parking and WiFi as part of our package; however, we do not offer pink towels and sheets. I’m delighted that you liked the doll bed and I hope you all had a fun experience at the store across the street at Tysons Corner Center.

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for any upcoming reservations – I would be thrilled to personalize your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm regards,
Ashley
(703) 734-3200

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the first time that I have stayed at this hotel. I live locally and was looking for an overnight stay to dine etc... locally. I sent in a special request to have Martini Glasses etc... in the room so that I could make Cosmos for my wife. Well, Ryan Mahoney was extremely helpful in fulfillng all of my request with the greatest of ease! In addition to putting all of the items that I requested in the room (at no charge), he also left us a very nice card wishing us a Happy 15th Anniversary. The staff there, Ryan, George, and Deshaun in the Bistro were all extremely nice and new me by name on the first day of my arrival. You might find a nicer hotel out there but you will not find better Customer Care at any price. Stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stay regularly at this hotel for work and am a platinum Marriott Rewards member. Staff is extremely helpful, beds are comfortable, rooms/hallways are generally quiet. I've always found the rooms clean and well stocked with towels, etc. Breakfast in lounge is good, evening appetizers in the lounge are above-average and Noura provides great service. The location of this hotel is both good and bad. On one hand you have the Tyson's mall right next door, and getting into the hotel from 495 is pretty easy. The bad part is that Leesburg Pike is a divided street, so it requires either a u-turn in (often) heavy traffic or a special back-street route to get from the hotel back to 495. All in all a great business travelers hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stay at the Marriott Tysons Corner very frequently (up to 3-4 nights each week) as a business traveller and know the place well. The staff, from Manger Shelly DiMeglio and the entire team, has been great to me as a "regular". I have definitely noticed an uptick in the professionalism of the staff over the past 12 months, especially at the front desk. With the recent addition of the new restaurant, the hotel has pretty much everything you need (bring back the steak fries, though). There is a large swimming pool which is great for families on the weekend. Logistically it is walking distance to the Tysons Corner Mall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business