“A Regular who Keeps Coming Back..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tysons Corner Marriott

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Detroit, Michigan
“A Regular who Keeps Coming Back..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stay at the Marriott Tysons Corner very frequently (up to 3-4 nights each week) as a business traveller and know the place well. The staff, from Manger Shelly DiMeglio and the entire team, has been great to me as a "regular". I have definitely noticed an uptick in the professionalism of the staff over the past 12 months, especially at the front desk. With the recent addition of the new restaurant, the hotel has pretty much everything you need (bring back the steak fries, though). There is a large swimming pool which is great for families on the weekend. Logistically it is walking distance to the Tysons Corner Mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank frequentflierfriend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This high-rise motel offered what we have come to expect of the Marriott chain, but at a lower cost due to its remote location from Washington. We had a weekend special rate, which gave us a medium-sized, quiet room with amenities like a fridge and safe, a comfortable king-sized bed, and free parking. The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet was somewhat pricey, but it was large and varied and included eggs, bacon and sausages, lox, and cheese (for the protein eaters). The immediate neighborhood is somewhat barren, although there is a shopping mall within walking distance. The motel is a short drive from the Dunn Loring stop on the Metro Orange Line into Washington, DC. All-day parking is USD 4.75 during the week and free on the weekends. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tudomany
East Hanover, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently stayed at Marriott, Tyson's Corner with my family and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay thanks to the friendly and professional staff at the front desk, specifically Aynur Mansur. She was very welcoming and anticipated our needs before we could think of them like recommending local attractions. You can tell when staff enjoy their work and go above and beyond what's expected of them.

This was our second stay at this establishment. We like to visit the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and all the other touristic attractions. We have 3 boys; as they get older and start learning about US history in school, they have lots of questions and want to visit the historic sites in DC and the Marriott is the perfect location. It's not too far from the attractions (15 min. drive) and it's not as expensive as the hotels located in DC. Plus, they have an indoor pool, which the boys loved. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mauimauimindy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

When I went into the lobby I was worried especially with the construction going on but the front disk agent was very nice and even offered a free parking since I told her that I was not charged before when I stayed there.
Went up to the room and it was clean and the beds are comfortable but rooms are small and had to pay for the internet, but the scenery from the window was beautiful and the food was above average.
The location is great and right by the highway (495) with easy access to (66) which will take you to both airports in D.C as well as to D.C with 15 minutes drive, more over it is a walking distance to Tyson corner mall and the area is full with all kind of restaurants.
Was not bad after all

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Tysons Corner Marriott with my family of two adults and three children for a weekend in D.C. I booked the hotel through a third party site and upon my arrival was informed there may not be any rooms with two double beds available. I told the woman at the desk that I needed two beds as I had 5 people in the room. She checked her computer and said, "No, we don't have any rooms available." I told her I understood if there weren't any ready yet and we would come back later when they would be ready and she said there wouldn't be any available. There were two big groups coming in and double bed rooms were gauranteed for their groups and not for single parties (what???). She said she could put me in a room with a king size bed and a roll away. I told her that was not acceptable. Was I supposed to sleep with four of us in one bed??? She said my reservation only gaurantees a room not the number of beds. I have never heard of such a thing. I tried several times to explain how I booked my room and she kept interrupting me and telling me to "calm down". I asked her several times to stop interrupting me and not once did she let me speak. I asked to speak to the manager and she said she was the manager. My husband came up to the desk and I walked away. Within minutes she was on the phone with housekeeping getting a room for us. Miraculously a room with two double beds was available! Amazing... She then told my husband that she never said there wasn't a room available for us with two double beds just not one ready yet... LIE! My daughter was standing right there and heard her. I will never stay at this hotel again. This woman was rude, condescending, and dare I say sexist. She never once offered to check for rooms available until my husband came to the desk. Besides the terrible customer service the ammenities were less than up to par. The hot tub was not working, there is not so much as a complimentary newspaper, and the rooms are small. The next time I go to D.C. I will stay at the Hilton Garden around the corner. Their rooms are much bigger and the service is above and beyond the Marriot. Big dissappointment!! Stay someplace else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MarianneS138
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here for a few days and were not disappointed. The front desk staff was so cordial and helpful. The location to the huge mall is a plus. The restaurant was being renovated so we ate at the mall which was convenient. Parking was $6 a day but we always found a spot.

• Stayed March 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

...but this time, I'm afraid the facility wasn't up to what I've come to expect. First, let me describe the GOOD aspects. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. The parking was adequate, and was included in the price of the room. The facility was clean, and while I didn't use it, the (indoor) pool and the exercise center both looked excellent. The shower was great, with hot water being available almost immediately. On the downside, the walls were like paper. I could hear conversations and TV clearly enough to discern some words! The internet was absolutely dreadful, and they charge over $12.00 (it was comp'd because of my company's plan with Marriott) per 24 hours; it was the next thing to useless. I wound up activating the hotspot on my iPad, and connecting to it wirelessly from my laptop! I think I'll be looking elsewhere next time I come to Vienna, VA.... Probably at the next closest Marriott property!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#5 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner

Been to Tysons Corner Marriott? Share your experiences!