All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskwalking distancebreakfast buffetleesburg pikeshort drivefitness centerrooms are cleanwithin milesfree parkingdc arearoom keythe shuttle driverdulles airportmetro stationeasy accessindoor pool
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I used to like this hotel for business travel. They have recently renovated the hotel so the rooms and lobby have the fresh look and comfort one would expect from Marriott. Now the inside it is even nicer.

Unfortunately, the parking lot has been renovated too. While many of the hotels in this area and class have free parking, this hotel is now charging $6 for guests to park. That is not a big charge, but the inconvenience of navigating the gate is enough for me to consider going down the road to the Westin.

That said, it is a nice hotel. The staff are great. The location is easy on/off and is walking distance to the larger of the Tysons malls, food and movie theater

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NH-Family-Fun
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a weekend shopping trip to Tyson's Corner, Virginia. We stayed one night at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Check in was easy and staff was knowledgeable and friendly. We paid $99/night but got and $25 American Express gift card to use at Tyson's Corner Mall for booking a "shopping package." There is a free shuttle to take guests back and forth to the mall but my husband and I did not use it. The room/bathroom was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The pool/hottub area was large and clean. The workout room was well-equiped with new elipticals/treadmills/bikes and weights. We did not eat at the restaurant or order room service - but it looked nice and smelled good! We are planning to return again in the spring - this time bringing our family - and will stay here again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose a room located around the pool area. The pool was quiet when we used it (at about 9pm on a Saturday night) but I imagine it could get busy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Upon arriving at Tyson's Corners Marriott- a nine hour drive from Connecticut, I was shocked to learn that our reservations made in August were unfortunately mixed up...We had requested a King with adjoining room of two doubles...I was given two double rooms adjoining. After quietly objecting, Brian, a manager, came forward and straightened everything out and even up-graded my King room to an Executive suite. What a beautiful room-elegantly decorated, roomy and very special.My grandsons were in the adjoining room and this made it easy for them to come over to our room and we had a great time...the waitresses especially Sheree and the cook in the buffet area- LULU- were great..We see them every year and they recognized us..ll in all- agreat time in Vianna, Virginia.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Breakfast Buffet!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dianesandlakeny
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a very nice clean hotel! I stayed one nite, and have already made plans to go back! Location is perfect near food and shopping! My view on the 12th floor was awesome! Buffett breakfast at Shula's was AWESOME! Best deal in this area!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jhash2
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Great experience at this Marriott! My family of five were upgraded to a suite which was beautifully decorated, quiet, clean and very comfortable. We took advantage of the guarded pool, and had a delicious breakfast in the morning from the buffet at Shula's (yummy waffles). The only issue we had was the traffic mess surrounding the hotel - the entrance to the hotel was difficult to find, however the proximity of this hotel to Tyson's Corner shopping far outweighed that issue. We found the staff to be courteous and helpful with information regarding transportation tips and the local area… We had a wonderful weekend -will stay here again next time we are in the area!

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the pool - convenient to the pool for families with kids, yet NO pool noise!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family