“Nicely renovated”

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for two nights on the weekend of September 9th through 11th. Having stayed at this property over 4 years ago, I must say that the new renovations are a welcomed change. The rooms, albeit very small, are tastefully decorated, comfortable beds, and spotlessly clean. Front desk personnel are helpful and anticipate your needs. The fitness center has been re-done with state of the art equipment and a separate weight room and has a spa-like atmosphere. Parking is $6/day either in the front of the hotel or underground.

As a Marriott Gold Elite, I received a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning and free wireless internet (which did not work in my room). The buffet is set-up in a separate room off of the dining area, which I like for cleanliness purposes, and has an ample selection of hot and cold selections including made to order selections cooked by a chef. The only criticism I have is that the pastries and breads are extremely limited and of low quality. No english muffins, just soggy croissants, one choice of bread, and recently defrosted muffins. This could definitely be improved. The restaurant, Shula's Steakhouse, served very good food for dinner with excellent service, but definitely is way over-priced if you are not on a business account. I would recommend anyone staying at the hotel to take the free hotel shuttle or drive to Tysons Corner Mall or the Tysons Galleria where many fine choices are available for significantly less. There are also several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Would definitely stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We had a layover for a night before taking our flight to SFO. We were given a small and stuffy room which did not have any external window. The room did not have any moving space though we booked for 3 people. The room was stuffy and not up to the cleanliness you would expect from a Marriott. The bathroom was not upto the mark, particularly the shower was pathetic. This hotel is definitely a 3 star at best, though it claims to be a 5-star.

The front-desk staff were very unhelpful and displayed a clearly condescending attitude. I could see that the person who checked me in was totally indifferent and that reflected in all her responses. The hotel does not provide free internet connectivity. Definitely a big negative.

The hotel was generally noisy with lots of objectionable characters moving about all the time we were there. There was some event going on in the hotel that evening and there was lots of indesirable activities in the lobby. The restaurant attached to the lobby has a limited menu and the staff were not interested in serving us, kind of discouraged us to visit them.

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. The only consolation for me was that I got a great deal for this. So, probably you can put up with all the mess for a short stay if you can get this for less than USD 90 per night.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in levels 2 & 3, i.e.. the two floors immediately above ground, particularly rooms f...
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed overnite on way back to NY from Myrtle Beach. Choose this because of proximity to tysons corner shopping. Didn't have to drive - walked across the street and down a staircase directly into tysons corner shopping center. The room was very nice, modern and clean. Check in was easy - arrived early with no problem checking in - we also were checking on on the day before Hurricane Irene was to arrive - it was probably pretty empty. Had a rate that included $25 giftcard to the mall and breakfast at Shula's however could not eat the breakfast since we were ready to leave at 6am to beat the hurricane home to NY and Shula's didn't open until 7am. No free wifi here - have to pay for internet access in room but it said free wifi in lobby - didn't check that out. It is a typical Marriott. Parking garage says there is a charge however we pulled right in and out of parking without having to pay - they don't have any gates at the parking booths? maybe they've done away with the paid parking? I would stay here again.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel was very easy to find and very nice to stay in! They had a package deal for shopping! I got a $25 American Express Gift card and the rates were very reasonable! They also have an American Girl Doll package that we may take advantage of later this year! The room as very nice! It had a living room area witha couch, chair, table w/two chairs, a dresser and a flat screen tv! The bedroom Area had two dressers, a desk w/ computer chair, another chair, bed, two nightstands. The bed was awesome! I slept very well. The bathroom was a standard bathroom, two sinks, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. They did have tea bags, which is a plus for me cause I don't drink Coffee. They had bath and body works products. Shower had great pressure! I parked in the underground parking garage that had an elevator that went directly to my floor, they keep the doors and parking garages locked after 11pm - 6pm, they didnt charge me for parking, but I believe there is a parking rate. There is a pool though I didnt use it. There is also a restaurant in the hotel called Shula's. Its very expensive, so we did not partake of that either. They have breakfast, but it costs more than I was willing to pay. Checkout was nice and easy! Overall this was a nice hotel! I was satisfied with my stay.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Pros:
The breakfast buffet is good, pricey though but then then hotels that have "free" breakfast have an lame meal.
There is a nice shuttle service take you to nearby places.
Nearby restaurants are A++. Arguably the best Chinese i have had, Mediterranean cuisine, Japanese and much more.

Cons:
Rooms are small! Living room small, bedroom small. We were a family of 5 in a suite connected to a double and it felt cramped.
The worst part is that a guest smoked in out room (non-smoking room) and the stench was awful. They could not remove the smell and offered no customer consesions.
AC did not work well. Its old and noisy

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Very nice and completely spotless. My only issue was the $6 per day parking fee. I would have thought guests could park for free.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Either the walls are very thin or neighbors were extremely loud 9 - 11 p.m. Our calls to mgmt had no discernable effect (We had to take matters into hand and contact the loud neighbors personally at 11). And yet, our children are called out at 8:15 pm for spalshing and therefore violating "hotel quiet hours." Went to front desk to complain: no manager is available. We can move rooms (but we're not the ones causing others not to sleep!)

Room Tip: have low expectations
1  Thank Alison B