“Keep your room key when you check out if you park here”

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Streator, Illinois
“Keep your room key when you check out if you park here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed at this hotel just one night for a wedding in July. Great location just off of I495 with Tysons Corner Mall adjacent to hotel. The staff upon check in was very friendly and gave us directions to the wedding location. Parking is gated and you use your room key to access it. When we checked out, asked if we needed a code or key to get out and was told, no it's open. Well we had a heck of a time getting out.. Rang the intercome twice for assistance, nothing. Finally another wedding guest we knew was outside and came to our aid with his room key to get us out.
Other than that, our stay was pleasant. Hotel is very comfortable, rooms were nicely decorated and stocked with Bath and Body works amenities. I did love the reading lights on each side of the headboard.
The hotel is located just seven miles west of Washington DC. I would stay here again and use this as a home base to explore all there is to see and do in DC.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Boonton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We needed to find a Marriott hotel (we are rewards members) in Falls Church, Va, and after researching on Trip Advisor, we found those in Falls Church didn’t have the greatest reviews. The Tysons Corner Marriott had the best reviews, so we tried it, and were very pleased. I called the day before our stay and requested the concierge floor. I was told it was sold out, but they would put in a request for me if someone cancelled. Upon check in, we were happy to be told we were on the concierge level. Since it was a weekend and the concierge lounge was closed, the hotel agent told us we would be given a complimentary breakfast at their restaurant the following morning. It was a buffet with a large assortment of hot and cold dishes, and very tasty! I definitely recommend the made-to-order omelets! We had a king bed, which we also requested, that was very comfortable. The room was large, clean and pleasantly decorated. The lobby, restaurant and lounge area were also very nice. There is a large indoor pool/hot tub that looked very inviting, and a nice workout room next to it. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We only reserved one night, but ended up having to stay a second. The concierge floor wasn’t available, and we were given a standard room on the sixth floor. Although the room and bathroom were somewhat smaller than on the concierge floor, and we didn’t get the chocolates or fluffy robes that are included on the concierge level, it was still clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel is superb – centrally located within many fine restaurants and shops, easily accessible from the major highways, and about a 20-minute metro ride from DC. We will be frequenting this area in the future, and will definitely make this Marriott our place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Marriotts in a number of countries and in many ways this Marriott upholds what I've come to expect from the brand. it had friendly staff, a bright airy atmosphere, and decent amenities.

Things didn't start off well, though. At reception I was generously allowed access to the concierge club but those rights never made it to my card. Then I was pretty sure that my room had the unshakable wisp from the ghost of cigarettes past, and then I discovered that my room wasn't cleaned very well: the bar glasses had been used and there were three empty Sutter Home plastic wine bottles stuffed in a drawer. Because I got in so late the first night I just let it all go so i could get some sleep. Fortunately the staff immediately found me another room the next day when I reported the problem. That and my concierge rights were ultimately restored (not much to say about the club other than the view was OK, coffee average, booze wasn't free, and the food was too fatty and cheap for my tastes).

The unfortunate thing about my new room was that it suffered from an all-too-common ailment at many hotels: slumped mattress syndrome. Most people in most rooms, I find, sleep on the left side of the bed and there was an unmistakable wear pattern in the mattress. My sleep wasn't the best thanks to that and I wasn't up for another room change. Both rooms were the same, by the way, in size and amenities. I found the room size disappointingly small, maybe 150 sq. feet, given I was in an ex-urb and not a very large metropolis.

Internet access was consistent though limited. Max downloads were .75MB and I think that was throttled. Uploads were consistently at 1MB. I wasn't able to hold a stream consistently, but VPN worked very well.

I can't say much about the restaurant, Shula's, as I only at one meal, a breakfast, there. I went in for steak one evening but found the menu lacking in vegetables. The prices on the meals were well overpriced, and bringing you the steak menu on a Don Shula mass-produced signature football with no prices was a gimick that pushed me over the top and I simply left.

But where do you go when you're on the Leesburg Pike? If you're not driving then it's not far and not enjoyable. There's a very large mall in easy walking distance, which is probably your best bet if you're into a Logan's-Run type of vibe. The sidewalks in the area are generally spotless, which seems from disuse rather than newness or cleanliness. You stay in a place like this for business and not much else.

The staff made the difference. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. People went out of their way to help out

Room Tip: They all seem the same, as long as you get one that's clean.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Tysons Corner Marriott. My wife and I were touring in Washington, DC and wanted to stay outside of the city. The hotel was located within a couple of miles of a metro station with parking, so we took the metro into town to beat the traffic and parking problems. If you don't have a car, the metro is too far to walk. There's a shuttle from the hotel, but only on weekends. The hotel was very modern and comfortable and we had no problems. We didn't need most of the ammenities so everything was fine for our purposes. The staff was friendly and the hotel was well maintained. The only negative was that the bathroom was pretty small and there was no rubber mat for the shower, but we would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel has been refurbished within the last two years, so it looks up-to-date with bright & inviting colors. Although bathrooms are new also, they are very small, one person only!
Breakfast is buffet or by menu. Staff is very helpful. If you want it quiet, do not stay on swimming pool floor. All in all, I think you will be pleased. There is a LOT of highway construction on Leesburg Pike, so carry your GPS with you at all times. You are literally walking distance from the Tysons Corner I shopping center, so it is very convenient to run over there also.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmEs
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

We just spent the weekend visiting the DC area and despite the warning of bad traffic in the area we decided to go with it. The hotel was nice, recently refurbished rooms, clean and with nice lobby. Our rate included buffet breakfast at Shula's which was typical buffet fare. It was standard for a Marriott, which is "pretty good". A few complaints though were after we returned to our room about 5PM from a full day of touring, the room was not cleaned! The housekeeper then asks if we want to vacate the room so she can clean it so we declined but that was kind of annoying. The kids enjoyed the pool but the lifeguard was WAYYYY too into her job and enjoying enforcing strict regulations ("too much splashing" , "it's not recommended to drink alcoholic beverages in the hot tub" , "kids under 10 not recommened to use the hotub ") which made left a bad taste in everyone's mouth...
There was a lot of construction in the area but b/c it was the weekend traffic was not a problem. It was about a 15 min car ride to the attractions, lots of restaurants in the area. Would stay there again since it is considerably less $$$ than anywhere closer to DC.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I am a "Marriott Rewards" Member and a frequent hotel guest that is LOYAL for several years!!!! As soon as I enter through the front entrance...I feel transported to a LUXURIOUS OASIS! To the left of me, I smell fresh"Starbuck's Coffee"brewing and to the right of me, I see "Shula Steaks"Restaurant where I am anticipating to try their DELICIOUS steak menu.The "Front Desk"ALWAYS greet/acknowledge me with "Welcome back, Ms. Turner and we are glad that you are staying with us!"I took pictures of the "Front Desk"+Debra"Shula's Steaks"+Khaled"Room Service"+"Concierge"Hostess and LuLu"Breakfast Buffet" who lovingly refers to me as Mommy! The hotel had a BEAUTIFUL renovation completed on their rooms! I was surprised when I found unique songs from their extensive musical selections in my room! I STILL enjoy my Frank Sinatra classic songs in "Shula Steaks"Restaurant -"Luck Be A Lady"+"New York,New York" and "I Did It My Way"! I LOVE the "Bath and Bodyworks" Orange Ginger bodywash/hand lotion!!!!I LOVE the LUXURIOUS OASIS at the "Tyson's Corner Marriott Hotel"! I can not wait to return as a HAPPY hotel guest!!!!"Tyson's Corner Marriott Hotel" You are a CLASS ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#4 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Tysons Corner Marriott? Share your experiences!