“Some good, some not so good”

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
France
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed October 20, 2007

There were good and bad points:

Good: super comfortable beds, nice large swimming pool, free laundry for guests. Good restaurant and bar. Great location next to Tysons mall.

Bad: no free wireless in room, no complimentary breakfast. I work for one of their regular corporate customers and stayed a week and I was allocated a really noisy room overlooking the main highway, woken up every morning at 5am by the trash collection / delivery trucks. Shuttle bus pick up at the nearest Metro station was a bit slow and ended at 11pm.

Stayed October 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ft. Bragg
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Encountered the following problems:
- several calls to the front desk went unanswered (30+ rings).
- request to clean the room while at breakfast were not accomplished.
- dirty dishes left in hallway 24 hours.
Management appeared unconcerned with issues and basically dismissed them. More of a Marriott Category 1 property than a Category 4.

• Stayed August 2007
3 Thank BraggDLA
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Disgusting housekeeping. Our room looked like the maid has never been there.
The beds were made but the bathtub was filthy.
My sheets had a ... shall I say... large 'nose waste' on the top sheet!!
There was a washcloth on the floor near the window.
We were driving down I-95 and thought it would be a good place to stay--- but you can bet I won't get off the highway here again.
We paid $200 for the night-- and nightmares!
P. Davis
Denver, CO

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Voyager5
Enschede
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We had a really good stay in Tysons Corner Mariott. The room was pleasant and well-maintained. The hotel looks good and is easy to find. Two minor points: the hotel does not have a complimentary breakfast, and it is a long way to Washington DC. The shuttle service worked fine, though. We really liked it that there is a big shopping mall at walking distance. In all, a good experience.

• Liked — close to mall and beautiful hotel and rooms
  • Disliked — no complimentary breakfast and internet
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Hollyfamily
USA
Reviewed June 13, 2007

Comfortable stay and cannot beat the location!! Close to office, malls and restaurants. Hotel seemed a bit run down for marriott standards but nonetheless was comfortable. Therefore I think value for money gets knocked down a notch.

• Stayed June 2007
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2007

I am a Silver Elite member of Marriott's Reward program,a nd spend nearly 25-30 nights a year at Marriott property's, mostly Courtyard's. This was definitely not up to Marriott standards, or maybe things have changed in the Full Service Marriott's(Im very fond of Courtyards).
To start off, it took nearly 15 minutes to check in, they decided to have a newbie check me in, and the person training wasn't helping much, I was patient, I also worked for the company for 12 years, its just a good thing I wasn't in a rush. My Elite Profile indicates Non-Smoking King room, and I booked and guranteed a King room. My room I was checked into had tow double beds, so I called down, and the front desk just indicated the ewquest was there, but it's not guranteed, but they did have King rooms available(why wouldn't they just honor the request if they were available, made no sense). A bellmen brought me a new key, never asked for the old key, or to help move my bags to the new room which was down the hall.
I got into my new room, and they are TINY, if your clostrophobic, don't stay here, the bathrooms are VERY small, these might be the smallest rooms I had ever seen. The furniture very outdated(or maybe they were goign for the Colonial America look??). The bedding was nice, and new carpet in the room, and it did appear to be clean, but small, small, small, and outdated furniture.
Im used to Courtayrd's and other Marriott brands including Wireless or High Speed Internet, this one charges $9.95 per day for Internet access that is not even wireless.
The parking in the B1 and B2 levels is VERY tight and awkward. When I called the "At Your Service" line, it took about 7 times to ring before someone finally picked up.
Upon checkout I wanted to print my boarding pass, and was told to go to the business center and there was a computer to preint Boarding passes, well this is the ONLY thing you can do, dont even think about goign to another website, as only the airline websites are able to be brought up, and you can ONLY check in and print a boarding pass, you CANNOT change flights, check flight status ir even book flights. There is a charge to use the computer by the minute for anything else.
So, it looks like IM back to other Marriott brands that include things like bigger rooms, free internet and access to computers in lobby(e.g. Courtyards). There are so many other choices in this area, I highly recommend one of the other Hotels over this one for the money.

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank tampan
New York, NY
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My mother and I stayed here the day after Christmas 2006 to New Years weekend. The lobby was deep under construction, which we would have liked to have been informed of before hand. For $89/night, we feel we got a great deal! The Marriott, or the one in Tysons, has really elevated its decor.

The beds are so comfortable and plush, definitely on par with Starwoods chain. The indoor pool and jacuzzi was clean and a lifeguard was on duty all day. The dry suana is nice but under-used, because it's around the corner from the fitness room. I just wouldn't want a room on the same floor as the pool. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast buffett downstairs, instead we opted for room service. I was surprised my mom wanted to order in, b/c it's usually sooo expensive, but it wasn't unreasonable.

My advice to the Food & Beverage department @ the Marriott is to offer an alternative to pork. I know we were below the Mason-Dixon line, but being from NYC I would have liked a beef or turkey alternative to ham & pork sausage links. The eggs & fresh hash browns, as well as the OJ were tasty!

The location was perfect! It is halfway to DC, and to our family in Ashburn. I tried to persaude my mother to stay at a Kimpton hotel in DC, but my mom couldn't stand to pay a daliy parking fee!

The best surprise was Shula's Steakhouse!! What a hidden gem!! We ate there the 1st night, because we were sooo tired after driving 8 hours from NYC in holiday traffic. The staff was so welcoming and the food was delicious!!! The seafood salad was fabulous, and the steaks, wow!!! There's no need to feel intimidated by the decor of the restaurant, it's a great steakhouse and should not be missed!!

We will come back again!!

Stayed April 2007