“Not Your Typical Mall Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Sandia

La Sandia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington, DC
“Not Your Typical Mall Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped in for a quick bite and drink before a movie and were thinking we would share the mole sampler. Unfortunately, all moles contain nuts so we split two appetizers instead. The empanadas and hurraches were both very delicious, but the highlight of the experience was the charming bar staff who took excellent care of us and made us feel like their best customers.

The guava mojito was great, but it really packs a punch!

• Visited October 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Mexican Food & Margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

La Sandia is the only place I consider when I want to eat Mexican. The portions are generous, the quality of the food is good (try the guacamole made at the table, or the queso as an app), and they make good Margaritas (though a bit on the small side). I was not crazy about the salmon or the brisket, but I blame myself for that, because whenever I order something more typically Mexican, e.g. a fajita- they do a great job. I've probably eaten here about 10 times. A good place to go after work. It has the vibe of a quality restaurant rather than a chain or a greasy spoon. Lively bar, but plenty of seating. I have a friend who had been sick, and once he was able to go out, the first place he wanted to have dinner was La Sandia - I think that pretty well says it all.

• Visited September 2012
“Okay mall-meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Hideously over priced food and really loud, but to be expected in the mall I suppose. Service was excellent and food was tasty, surprisingly not greasy. Drinks were Very strong.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very pleasant experience - will be going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm basing this review on MY experience of the food. My boyfriend wasn't so impressed with his chili relleno, even though he ate all of it. He felt it was too sweet and wanted more of the chili itself. Instead the chili was completely hollowed out, so he was disappointed. I, on the other hand, loved my beef enchiladas with rice and black beans. Delicious and piping hot. The temperature of the food is important to me, and I dislike food that has obviously been sitting out too long. This was not the case. We had the Dos Equis draft beer mixed with lime and with a salt rim. Kind of like a beer margarita. It was very tasty. Chips and salsa were the best I've had in a long time. Outstanding service from our server Somaya. We felt she did such a great job that we both felt compelled to mention it to the manager. She was very apologetic about the disappointment over the chili relleno, even though we pointed out that it wasn't "bad", just not to our taste. She came back with gift card for a free guacamole for a future visit. We will definately be going back to try it out. Highly recommended. I just wish that this restaurant wasn't in the middle of the shopping mall. It spoilt the atmosphere a little, but nothing they can do about that!

• Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Chili Relleno Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Well, tried out La Sandia based on TripAdvisor and I absolutely wasn't disappointed. I tried the special, a seafood stuffed chili relleno ($19.95)... and it was literally breath-taking. So full of flavor and depth, I had to savor every bite... truly gourmet Mexican food. While I'd agree with the other posts that the portions were small (1 chili relleno), it was oh so worth it. The chips and salsa were phenomenal as well... just the right chips size/crisp/warmth and the salsa was very fresh and tasty. I finished the meal off with a nice size Tres Leches cake ($2.95). while the price was small, it was also the right size finish for the meal. Great flavor with small pits of fresh strawberries and brittle on the top. You've got to try this place.

• Visited August 2012