“Okay mall-meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Sandia

La Sandia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 95 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Okay mall-meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Hideously over priced food and really loud, but to be expected in the mall I suppose. Service was excellent and food was tasty, surprisingly not greasy. Drinks were Very strong.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very pleasant experience - will be going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm basing this review on MY experience of the food. My boyfriend wasn't so impressed with his chili relleno, even though he ate all of it. He felt it was too sweet and wanted more of the chili itself. Instead the chili was completely hollowed out, so he was disappointed. I, on the other hand, loved my beef enchiladas with rice and black beans. Delicious and piping hot. The temperature of the food is important to me, and I dislike food that has obviously been sitting out too long. This was not the case. We had the Dos Equis draft beer mixed with lime and with a salt rim. Kind of like a beer margarita. It was very tasty. Chips and salsa were the best I've had in a long time. Outstanding service from our server Somaya. We felt she did such a great job that we both felt compelled to mention it to the manager. She was very apologetic about the disappointment over the chili relleno, even though we pointed out that it wasn't "bad", just not to our taste. She came back with gift card for a free guacamole for a future visit. We will definately be going back to try it out. Highly recommended. I just wish that this restaurant wasn't in the middle of the shopping mall. It spoilt the atmosphere a little, but nothing they can do about that!

• Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Chili Relleno Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Well, tried out La Sandia based on TripAdvisor and I absolutely wasn't disappointed. I tried the special, a seafood stuffed chili relleno ($19.95)... and it was literally breath-taking. So full of flavor and depth, I had to savor every bite... truly gourmet Mexican food. While I'd agree with the other posts that the portions were small (1 chili relleno), it was oh so worth it. The chips and salsa were phenomenal as well... just the right chips size/crisp/warmth and the salsa was very fresh and tasty. I finished the meal off with a nice size Tres Leches cake ($2.95). while the price was small, it was also the right size finish for the meal. Great flavor with small pits of fresh strawberries and brittle on the top. You've got to try this place.

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the northern VA area (I also like the Rio Grande but that is more Tex-Mex). What is great about Sandia is that they specialize in authentic Mexican food. I love their Carnitas dish--yum. I have also had their tacos--all are great but I am partial to the Tacos al Pastor and the Chicken Tinga. The must have, however, is the freshly prepared guacamole. It is fabulous. They have good happy hour specials during the week, especially if you eat out on the patio. I usually stick to the Mexican beer but one of my friend's swears by their Dirty Margarita.

I highly recommend La Sandia if you are hungry for authentic Mexican food. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Enchiladas! Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I love the atmosphere of this more upscale Mexican restaurant, but most of all, I LOVE their enchilada suizas. The sauce is delicious and spicy, but not overwhelming. I saw another review that said the portions were small... don't knw what dish they got, but I could only eat 1 of the 2 enchiladas served. Maybe it's because we also got the guacamole to share... made table-side. Delish!

• Visited May 2012