“Love Their Hamburgers”
Review of Coastal Flats

Coastal Flats
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love Their Hamburgers”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place has a good menu but I can't get past their cheeseburgers. They are the best I've ever had. I don't know what they use for seasoning, but it's awesome. The flavor is so good I have to keep myself from inhaling the burger. They are consistent thickness (not super thick, I don't like thick burgers), flavoring and always, I mean always, cooked medium rare as requested. That's hard to get burgers out to a table consistently cooked medium rare, but they do. Their string French fries are so crispy and good. I love their deviled egg appetizer and their bloody Mary's. I've tried other items on the menu and they are all very good. The quality of the food is always excellent. The service is excellent. Never a complaint about this place or the one in Fairfax Corner, where I have taken business associates for lunch. I'll continue to visit for those great cheeseburgers.

Visited May 2014

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great customer service”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food are good , but the great American restaurant are outstanding with there customer service .
I just saw stain on the cup and asked them to get me another one . The manager came over and try to give me gift card for next time .
That was very nice , but I didn't want him to do that I
Understand that dish washer sometime leave stain .
Over all it's great place to eat .

Visited July 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Wonderful Fish!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had the hickory grilled snapper with mashed cauliflower and both were outstanding. My waiter suggested the "banana pudding" for dessert because it would be life altering (his words). It didn't come close to being banana pudding - deconstructed or reimagined. It was a tasteless mound of goo with some chocolate on top and surrounded a quartered banana drizzled in disappointing tasting caramel sauce. Thank goodness they took it off my check!

Visited July 2014
Vienna, Virginia
“Not all seafood”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was impressed with the menu selection. Although I have normally tried not to dine at this restaurant too often because I'm not a seafood fan (but I have had drinks at the extensive, large bar) I had a petit filet mignon there that was delicious. I should not have doubted because this restaurant is part of the Great American restaurants in this area that never disappoint and are always busy for good reason. If you have an opportunity to eat at any you should. The service is always top notch as well so I try to tip well to thank all the staff for their hard work.

Visited February 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Semi-decent food overshadowed by bad service.”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to this place last weekend hoping for good service and a quality meal. Not so much. Our server didn't even bother to give us his name before launching into a narration of the specials, during which he made zero eye contact and rambled on for five minutes or so. It was off-putting, but whatever, at least he knew the specials. Our biggest disappointments came later on. I ordered my dish without mushrooms, but it came with them anyways. Although the server did eventually notice and apologize, there were no efforts to correct the mistake--no offers for replacement, no manager checks, nothing. For all the server knew, I could've had a severe mushroom allergy. In my experience, mistakes like this should be amended, at least more so than a single half-hearted apology. When my boyfriend asked for ketchup, the food-runner said he'd be right back with it. Never showed up. We had to ask two other servers before finally getting ketchup. We decided to give this restaurant a redeeming shot with dessert, but we were pretty disappointed and grossed out when both of the dessert spoons came out filthy with spinach and other scraps on them. I guess the server didn't bother to check. Either way, we received no apology whatsoever. When it came time for the check, the whole process was completed by three people, none of whom were our server. I appreciate the teamwork efforts, but the whole process was just off-putting. Overall, the food wasn't bad, but the whole experience ensured that we are probably never coming back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank sandra_206bound
Amaron C, Guest Relations Manager at Coastal Flats, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. I am terribly sorry to hear about the service you experience while dining with us at Coastal Flats in Tysons. A manager would like to personally speak with you about your experience. Would you consider sharing a phone number at which you may be reached?

Amaron Curtis