“Pretty good”
Review of Chima

Chima
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Description: Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

It's a good Brazilian steakhouse. The salad bar is excellent. Most of the meats are pretty good. I had no problem with service. It's a ton of food. Like literally a ton.

There are newer reviews for Chima

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was the first time we went to Chima. I had read mostly positive reviews, and the negative ones were mostly about the customer service. Now that we experienced the restaurant ourselves, we realize that the reason why some people might be frustrated is only that Chima is not the kind of restaurant where one goes for a one hour or quick dinner. It is a place to go and have fun, relax and take your time. I can see how some people thought that the fact they take their time to bring things to one's table is bad service.

I invited my husband for dinner at Chima to celebrate his birthday. We had excellent service. We were not in a rush, though. Our waitress was fabulous. Really kind and nice. She kept checking on us without being a nag. She cattered to all our needs and was an excellent waitress. The bus-boy was great too. He brought our side dishes quickly and cleaned up our table very efficiently each time he needed to do so.

Chima has a very nice, well stocked bar. We were able to find our favorite Scotish whiskeys. Also the ladies that run the bar were very professional and nice. It was fun to have some drinks before our dinner. Then at the dinner table, we were happy to see that their wine list was fabulous. They even had my favorite French red wine, Chateneuf du Pape, which many times I have not been able to find in many nice restaurants.

The atmosphere is very nice. We expected it to be a little more romantic because we had read reviews saying that it was romantic. It is not romantic, just a nice atmosphere. It is a great place for a date or for a group of friends. It gets any crowded as any buffet, so it gets a little noisy too.

The buffet was really good. Everything was really fresh. The variety was impressive. The salads all were delicious, very well prepared. Their white rice and the black beans, which we found to be the main staple of Brazil, were delicious.

We were a little dissapointed with the meats. They were very well prepared. Tasty. The "gauchos" made a great job serving them tableside, Southamerican style, but we found the meats to be very greasy. I was excited about trying the sirloin steak with garlic. I bit a piece thinking it was the garlic, and it was a chuck of pure fat, I had to spit it out. Their BBQ ribs were good, but the boneless ribs were super greasy. I could only eat a little piece. Their chorizos were delicious. I never got to try the chicken, maybe next time. If you like fish, they do have salmon and swordfish. They have a dozen different desserts, for an additonal price. They are to die for!!!! Delicious!!! If you have the space, we recommend you order your favorite dessert. It is worth it.

Finaly, they had already told me when I made the reservations, that because I was celebrating my husband's birthday, they were going to give him a complimentary Tiramisu as dessert. They did. Then the manager informed us that instead of bringing cooks and waiters with pots and pans to make noise and sing the happy b'day song at our table, they had a new policy that instead, the manager takes a Polaroid picture of the birthday party, and they give it to you as a complimentary souvenir. We LOVED this! Especially my husband, who gets embarrased when they all sing to him... It was a wonderful idea. They took a picture of us, with the Tiramisu and the candle lit, and then they framed it and gave it to us as a souvenir of that day. Excellent idea. We loved it!

We recommend this restaurant highly. It's fun, good food, good drinks, and excellent service. Not for a really romantic date, or if you have limited time, but if you want to have a fun dinner.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I tried hard to like Chima but I will not visit again. The atmosphere, decor and food quality are there, but the service is below average at best. You might like the spacious lounge and bar at the entrance but don't keep your expectations high. I tried it twice and both times it was exactly the same - very slow, completely inattentive and sporadic service. On my last visit, it took 2.5 hrs to get two appetizers and two rounds of drinks....Prices are what you would expect in Tysons Corner so rather pick one of the many other options available.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I probably go here too often, but you can never have too much of a good thing, right? This restaurant is huge, but it is always packed. There is a good reason for this -- the food is great, the atmosphere comfortable, and the service is impeccable. Whether you're a fan of Brazilian steakhouses, or if you have no idea of what one is, Chima will knock your socks off. Starting off with an amazing salad bar, you then venture into the main course of top quality beef, pork, chicken, lamb and fish that is brought to your table by an army of servers. Everything is good. My favorite, though, is the house special top round followed by the filet wrapped in bacon and then the lamb loin chops, then the swordfish. There is so much more. Chima is the perfect place for an intimate dinner, a company gathering or a family feast. It is not to be missed.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Have been to several Brazilian steakhouses but always come back to Chima as the quality and selections of meat out perform all others. The staff is always very helpful too - we had my daughters birthday there last week and despite the fact that our reservation was lost they were able to accommodate us on a busy night. I am sure we will be back many more times.