“Good solid food at reasonble prices”
Review of Country Cookin'

Country Cookin'
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Troutville
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and dropped in about 1 pm on a Sunday for lunch. We have not eaten in a Country Cookin restaurant for nearly 20 years, so we were kind of testing the waters.

We were quickly seated and given a menu. The menu features a variety of main courses ranging in price from $7 - $15. After selecting you main course, you are invited to gorge on their salad/vegetable/dessert bar. Our total tab came to $23 including tax.

Other than ordering you main dish, it's basically self service. The restaurant was clean, there were plenty of items to select from from the salad/vegetable bar. We could have made a meal of it alone.

The basic style of the restaurant has not changed in 20 years, but we were pleasantly surprised with the large offerings of food, cleanliness, and attention of the staff.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had supper here on a Saturday evening. Busy, but not too crowded. Most food is served buffet style, so you can pick and try any of MANY foods (too many to try). I had chopped sirloin at $8.49, with an unlimited soup, salad, and desert bar. Delicious choices. Yes, I am so full. This was an excellent restaurant for us, on our trip through Virginia. I wish this restaurant was duplicated all over the U.S.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

For one price you got a regular meal with hot bar/salad bar. The food was served quickly and it was very good.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have read some reviews that were good and some bad all over Va. Coming back to the highway I spotted the sign. It was the best choice ever. Not only are the waitress(Taylor) helpful but very pleasant. The food was filling with many salad bar choices, both hot and cold. This was an excellent choice. We were so full we skipped dessert.

1  Thank travelwithm
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I walked into this location for breakfast. We say the remains of the previous nights dinner on the floor. The buffet did not look good at all. We walked out without ordering. Use your own judgement. We did.

1  Thank Rusty850