“Older Shoneys”

Shoney's
Ranked #15 of 17 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This Shoneys is located on exit 150 on I-81. This is an older Shoneys. It has not been renovated like many of the others. It has an old out of date feel to it. But if you can get past that most everything else is good. The service was very good. The waitress we had was very nice and attentive. Asked many times if we were doing OK or needed anything. My wife and I both got the evening buffet,the southern BBQ one. They had plenty of food that was freshly made. I mostly had fried chicken and vegetables. All was very good. Also had the classic hot fudge cake for dessert. Excellent as always. The price was a bit higher but about average. When we got there it was about 4 pm. So not many others were there. But by the time we left quite a few more customers were there. If Shoneys could renovate this one it would help them out a lot. I would recommend as a good comfort food place to eat.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The employees were very friendly and helpful and kept the place clean. We were there on a Wednesday and apparently every Wednesday they have the breakfast buffet at night and add soup, salad and fruit bar.

We ordered a steak from the menu and it was cooked to our liking. It came with one side plus and soup, salad and fruit bar so we had plenty to eat and it was tasty, too.

The only negative was the building and furnishings are old and haven't been updated in many years. The women do the best they can with what they have to work with.

We were there a little after 6 PM and there weren't many customers. It is at a busy exit of a major highway so there should have been more customers.

Just off I-81 at exit 150B.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Wait staff was very good and the food is what you would expect at shoney's. I must add that everything was fresh and hot. When something ran out they were good to replenish it quickly. Cleanliness about average.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped in while returning home from vacation. The place was clean and the service was fast and friendly. The salad bar was well stocked, very fresh and clean. Our entres were o.k., nothing special but then again this is Shoney's and not a 5 star restaurant.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Girlfriend and I attempted the breakfast buffet for first time and wow ...crap. Burnt biscuits , no plates , everything was empty. Service was a close reflection.