“Pile O' Shrimp was delicious”
Review of Shoney's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shoney's
Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my first time at a Shoney's - needed a quick bite on our drive south and decided to give it a try. The interior of the restaurant was darkish and the booth seats were small and a bit on the tight side. There was a buffet for $9.49 but it didn't look that great (mainly didn't have what we wanted to eat) so we both had the fried shrimp (Pile O' Shrimp) with cocktail sauce ($9.99). That turned out to be surprisingly good and was just perfect for us. The batter was crisp and not at all oily or greasy, and the shrimps were fresh and tasty. Don't think I'd ever have reason to be back at this location but based on this experience would be happy to keep Shoney's in mind on future road trips.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

they have plenty to choose from. rather it be on the menue or on the bar. have a variety to pick from the childrens menue as well.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

What a mistate. Stopped for gas and Shoney's was across the street. Shoney's breakfast bar normally good value, right? Not at this Shoney's. This place is dirty and dingy, carpet on floor looked liked it had't been cleaned in months. Don't know why we stayed, but it was a big mistake. Breakfast bar was limited and the eggs had to be chiseled out of the serving pan. Food had been on the bar way to long.
I will definitely skip this Shoney's on return trips.

1  Thank Doug G
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stopped here for breakfast on my way heading home going north, had the breakfast buffet. The food on the buffet was just So-So none of it had much of a taste to it and some things were dryed out and not warm. Price of breakfast with coffee was over $10 it was not worth the cost.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The buffet was ok....below average if I compare it against other places I've been to (same price) during my road trip.