All reviews low price parking lot within walking distance front desk clerk room was clean mcdonalds microwave shoneys interstate pets exit road
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Pros: Nicely updated room. Friendly front desk staff. No charge for pets.
Con: The only sprinkler head in room is sealed shut with paint and would be a fire hazard. Cigarette holes in sheets of non-smoking room. Old food left in microwave. Mold in mini fridge.
Still I will stay there again, was definitely worth the value.(I hope the sprinkler issue is resolved)

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Motel 6 is highly advertised and recommended. This specific Motel 6 was new and very need, but compared to other hotels in other Countries in the World, I could have stayed in at least a 3 star hotel. I was not that much impressed with this Hotel group. The receptionist was friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Izaks, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our award winning Phoenix room redesign featuring wood-effect laminate floors. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

We stopped here because there was a huge sign on the highway with the price of $49.99 lit up. My husband went in and came out and said the rooms are $69.99 the guy told me that he can't change the sign on the highway. I instantly was irritated by that because that seems very dishonest to me but whatever. My husband booked the room for 69.99 and we went in. It was FILTHY!!!! There was piles of hair on the beds, the tubs, and the floors. Also it was so noisy in there - it was by the highway and a truck place so all night long you heard the beeping sound from the trucks and the highway noise. I was so upset about the room conditions and the falsely advertised price that I contacted their customer service online. Not overly impressed with their response. To top the whole thing off on our way back home the price on the sign was somehow changed to $42.99 ( I thought it could not be changed). We have often stayed in Motel 6s on our travels and have been happy but due to this particular one and the response I got from customer service I will no longer give them any of my business or money. I don't like being lied to!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us. We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Basic Motel 6, nice room with fridge/micro, but the cleanliness level was not quite what I've come to expect from the new redesigned Motel 6. The fridge was full from the last tenant and the walls of the shower were dirty. When I asked for wipes from the front desk, though, she was very nice and gave them to me. With a little cleaning it wasn't bad and for the price it was a great value. Single level, so no one can stomp above you. There's a big variety of folks staying at this place and it made for pleasant people-watching when I was out of the room. Safe, decent stay and the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2017

The business model of the Motel 6 chain has always been to provide minimal accommodations at a minimal cost. During my decades of travel, I have never had a problem with staying at this chain when all I needed was a roof over my head for a night. Thus, when I saw the price for this Motel 6 as being far lower than other motels at this exit, I was prepared to have fairly minimal amenities – and would have gladly accepted this, as all I needed was a roof over my head for a night. I also figured that, since the area is little more than an expressway exit, with dozens of businesses existing for nothing but servicing people zipping from one place to another, quality might be a little slack – ie, businesses didn’t need to worry about repeat customers if most people were only going to stop here one time, and then move on.

I was thus VERY pleasantly surprised to find that, despite the low price, this lodging provided space & amenities comparable to places charging far more. My room had plenty of space for the king bed; plus full bath, phone, AC, fridge, microwave, and TV with 18 channels. It was clean, surprisingly quiet, and well-maintained. Free amenities here include parking (plenty of room for any size vehicle), wifi, and coffee. If you need breakfast, a Shoneys & a McDonalds are (literally) next door, and other restaurants are a short walk away. Note that all rooms are ground floor, which can be a plus or a minus. I should also mention that you might have to do a little bit of zig-zagging to get to this place, as it’s not completely clear which stretch of asphalt goes to which place. Just keep driving towards the Motel 6 sign, and you’ll get there.

One disappointment was the check-in clerk standing at the front desk, who (literally) did not speak a word to me after I walked in. I don’t know if he was busy, tired, or stressed-out; but I had to get his attention in order to check in. After getting the key, he gave no directions on how to get to my room (Not even a “It’s in that direction”), nor did he tell me about the wifi. I couldn’t help but feel that he simply wanted to get done with me as quickly as possible.

There isn’t much in the immediate area of this expressway exit to warrant a long stay – which is sad, because this lodging is better than a roof over your head for a night. If that’s all you need, then this place is a terrific bargain. If you’re willing to do some driving to see the places nearby, then this Motel 6 can meet your needs as a home base as well.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo