All reviews continental breakfast room was clean toast cracker barrel mini muffins check in was quick coffee machine great value halfway point first floor front desk staff up to date an overnight stay no frills no charge no issues hotel room
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in room 104. I requested a room on the first floor and close to the office or to an exit. I got exactly what I asked for!. I've been in many Red Roof hotels in the past and this one far exceeded in cleanliness.

Pros: Check-in staff was fast, efficient and very friendly. My room contained all amenities you could want such as iron, board, hair dryer, coffee machine, microwave, fridge, sitting area with chair, ottoman and table in a separate area. Bathtub included a safety grab bar and a rubber anti-slip mat for the tub. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet, soundproof and remained dark for sleeping. Tv had a variety of HD channels. Large number of working lights throughout the room with two areas dedicated to plug in your electronic equipment for charging.

Cons: Exit area in parking lot was missing working lighting which is a safety concern. Room is carpeted... in my opinion, any hotel which allows pets should have laminate flooring as a standard feature. Bathtub needs another grab bar installed... there is one on the front wall but I think one should also be installed on the back wall as well. Breakfast was limited to carb-loaded options such a cereals, toast, mini bagels and cream cheese, various mini pastries, coffee and juice, tasteless apples and bruised and over-ripe bananas. Having said that, coffee and juice were both excellent!

I really enjoyed my stay at this location and will definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others.

I will share your comments with our team. An excellent review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It will also have a huge positive impact on so many travelers looking for a hotel with a great value. Your suggestions will be addressed very seriously.

Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Had to find a hotel that had lowered bed in the handicap accessible room. They had them so we decided to try it after reading the reviews. This place was better than we expected. It was clean and the staff was very nice. The rooms were a little small but if you're just sleeping there it doesn't really matter. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. We feel proud to know that our hard work is paying off.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. An excellent review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again and I hope your future visits with us will be as pleasant as the recent one.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Was not at all happy with the first room we were given. Even though there was a write up at the front desk about the bugs, I didn't think that when we got settled in the room the bugs would be crawling over the walls, pictures and curtains. Call front desk to ask for a new room or refund. Was told that a refund would not be possible because there was on manager on duty. So we were given a different room. We did stay the night, but will never stay at Red Roof again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Guest,
I am really sorry to know that your experience didn't meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will talk to our desk agent for the poor response given to you. It is against our policy. We don't expect you to pay if you didn't spend the night. These bugs are everywhere in northeast region. Although innocent, they are bugs and are quite annoying. Since there is no treatment for them, we have been using shop-vac everyday and remove them from the building. After October, they go away. Please send me a copy of your receipt and I will send you a free night card or refund of your choice.
Once again I am sorry about this isolated incident. I will take necessary steps to prevent It from future occurrence.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We generally stay here as a halfway point on our trips. Sometimes the rate doubles depending on if there is a VT game.
Regardless, it is a great place to stay. If we have the dog, he stays free. Interior entrances to the rooms are a plus. Decent breakfast. Large rooms.

Sometimes there are cigarette holes in the comforters despite always having non-smoking rooms. Towels need to be replaced. Small and like sandpaper.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to know that you had a very comfortable stay. Your review is very important to us for our improvements and we promise you to work on it soon. We are looking forward to your next trip with our furry friend.
Thank you once again for sharing your review with the world.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

The staff was courteous, efficient and helpful and the location was easy to find. This is a budget hotel, so don't expect everything to be brand new. On the other hand, everything was well-attended. Bathroom was clean and bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was very basic, but satisfactory.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and an excellent review with others. I feel proud knowing that our hard work is showing positive results. We always try to meet or exceed the expectations of our guests.

I will make sure to share your comments our team. A nice review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my team members. It will also have a huge positive impact on so many travelers looking for a hotel with a great value.
Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.