“Really Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Perth Australia
“Really Disappointing”
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I wished I had read the reviews before I stopped here last night, but the kids were fighting and tired and we just had to stop.
We have stayed at about a dozen budget motels since we have been in the U.S and most have been great for the money.
This one is apalling.
We mainly stopped for the pool, to let the kids let off some steam. It wasn't working, surprise surprise.
The beds are the worst I have ever slept in, they give you barely any toiletries, and are quite stingy.
There is no coffee makers in the room, or microwave or anything really.
The breakfast should not even be called breakfast, most of the stuff is covered up so you can't have it. There is only toast and grape jam.
It wasn't any cheaper than competitors in the area, so stop next door at the Quality inn, they obviously don't want your custom.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I wish i would have rented another hotel it was a good rate but the hotel was just ughhh okay for starters the pool and hot tub were broke a repeat guest told me the pool has been cold for 3yrs yes they are indoors it was excuse after excuse why they did work first they said the temp was too low then it was the heating element. The bed was terrible a hard king mattress held up by two double box springs my back was killing me both days. The people on the 2nd floor were loud running around banging up at 5-6 am doing the same. Oh Continental breakfast a joke if you only want waffles, and oatmeal no O.J. No Cereal, Milk, Bagels, Donuts I wish i would have spent the extra money to go to Country Inn Suites or somewhere else...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisaeric0105
not2batoney
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I have never..ever..ever been treated so badly! The front desk person screamed at us..I thought he was going to assault my boyfriend. The manager is no help, Red Roof is no help. I have stayed at this hotel many times. They have want down hill with the poor management. The room doors have mailing labels on the door with the room numbers written in marker!!! I swear! We were told by staff that this employee does this often! I am so shocked he has a job! Again! Sleep in your car or cross the street and stay at another hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We've stayed at this location in the past and chose it again because it used to be a nice hotel and it was pet friendly. But, in the time since our last visit, the place has declined terribly.

Our room - The bed was comfortable and probably the only positive thing about our stay. They no longer leave a box of tissues in the vanity, you get a travel pak with about 6 tissues in it.

The hotel - The ice machines on 2 of the three floors did not have any ice in them. The free breakfast was pityful - one coffee maker didn't work and hadn't for several days according to another guest. The only breakfast choices were white bread and toaster waffles. The carpet in the hallways was badly stained, the wall paper had marks and rips in it throughout the building. The fitness center was not available and looked like it was doing double duty as a storage closet.

And the morning desk clerk was too busy with a personal phone call to help me when I went to ask about getting ice. I had to wait for her to tell her friend she'd call them back before she helped me.

When I sent my comments into the manager, I was given no explanation or apologies for the condition of the hotel and a poor excuse for the pityful breakfast.

There are other pet friendly places at this interstate exit and next time we will choose oe of them instead.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarbJim1
Louisiana
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed here on a trip from Louisiana to Maine. I booked the hotel through the 1-800 number and had no problems with the reservation. We were traveling with our dog, so we needed to have a pet friendly hotel.

We stayed here for 2 nights total- one night on the way up and one on the way down. During the first stay, the A/C didn't work as well as it should. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. I liked the easy access to the interstate and several resturants/gas stations. The second stay the A/C was working (a bit too well) better than the first stay. The second stay had us on the 2 or 3rd floor and the hallway smelled like cig smoke, but the room did not.

The breakfast had coffee, OJ, waffles and fruit. The overnight receptionist was aloof, but the morning receptionist was very very nice.

This hotel was a nice stopover in our trip and served its purpose for a clean, pet-friendly, comfortable hotel. Good for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Va
Reviewed August 2, 2009

There were no refrigerator, Microwave,or Fitness Room. The Pool was so hot you couldn't get in it. The Hot-Tub was so cold you get in that either.
The 24 hour coffee did not work. The security lock on my door didn't work.
The over-head light was falling down. This was the worst place I have ever stayed. I don't suggest anyone to go there. The staff wasn't very nice either.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xx3dovesxx
tx
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Never book a room here. The room we were given must have been busted into as the safety lock was missing and when we closed the door you could see into the room through the large space between the door jamb and the door. The breakfast was a joke and when we entered the lobby we heard the receptionist yelling into the phone and slamming the phone down. Then she was very bothered when a older man asked for milk. There wasnt any and he asked for cereal and none of that as well. Toast was all and some fruit. Rude, rude, rude.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank txgranny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Comfort Inn Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
#4 of 5 in Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Been to Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville? Share your experiences!