“Great travel stopover”

Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here mid-July 2014 for one night as we traveled from RI to FL. Chose it because it was right off the highway. Got a decent price ($60 after taxes) booking direct through Red Roof. It's sole purpose for us was as a place to sleep between full days of driving, and it was perfect for that. Room was a comfortable size, and clean. Sheets were a little thin, but also clean, and the bed was comfortable enough. Breakfast was pretty minimal, but good enough to get us going. Automated coffee machine gave a decent product. We do this drive a couple of times a year, and I'm glad to have found an affordable option on this stretch of highway (which doesn't have loads to choose from). We will probably stay here again in the future,

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gordy P
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Guest.
Thank you so much for sharing your nice review with others. Our staff works very hard for this. Your suggestions will guide us in the right directions for improvement in our quality and service. We want our guests to have the best experience without spending in three digits.
Please enroll for a RediCard membership if you haven't done so already. It is a reward program by Red Roof Inns.
Thank you once again for staying with us and hope to see you in fall.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I would rate this hotel as very average. Yes - the price was good at 54.99 (thru Orbitz) but the room was a bit threadbare looking. Carpet seriously needing replacing. Bed was comfortable but on the hard side.

One big negative during my stay - I used the in room hair dryer and upon turning it on, it shot sparks into the air - thank goodness it was nowhere near my hair or it certainly would have been a disaster. Of course, I shut it off immediately and reported it to the front desk. It was still smoldering and smoking! They let me use a hair dryer in the next (unoccupied) room which I used very cautiously.

Breakfast - not so great. Carb heavy and very little protein. I suggest they consider adding maybe some hard boiled eggs, yogurt cups, etc. The fresh fruit consisted of bananas only and they were so green, they would have been almost impossible to peel and eat.

One more quick tip - if you are visiting this hotel from out of state, be aware that the intersection thru which you return to I-81 is a "no turn on red light". Don't do it!! I got stopped and now have to pay a $91 fine. I'm quite sure they target out of state license plates.

Anyways, I guess this hotel was fine for a 1 night stay - but not sure I would return there after the near disaster with the hair dryer.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
I seriously apologize for the hair dryer. We have send it back to supplier. We have them installed for over two years and this is the only unfortunate incident has been reported. I will make sure that house keepers check them daily. I thank you for taking your valuable time to report it. We will work harder to improve our quality.
Also your suggestions for the breakfast selection will be taken to ownership. We are an economy brand and try to offer the best within the budget range of guests and owners.
I hope that your overall experience will atleast consider us for your next trip.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are cleaned everyday, JoJo, Shirley and Dawn are very knowledgeable of the area and local restaurants. The pool area is clean and fresh towels are put out daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for giving us such a nice review. Our staff members are very proud of their customer service and they do appreciate your remarks. It is our promise to work even harder everyday. We want to make sure that every guest shares the same opinion.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We always stay at Red Roof Inns because we travel with our little dog. This on hasn't been redone yet like most of them have. It was clean and comfortable. There was a breakfast buffet with enough to get you going unlike most at Red Roof. Walls were a bit thin, but if guess were sleeping it wouldn't have been an issue at all.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your feedback. It gives us an encouragement to work even harder on the things we may have overlooked.
It is our hospitality promise to make your next stay more enjoyable. See you soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

During our move cross country with our pets, Red Roof Inn was our third overnight stop. It's challenging traveling with pets (we only do it if we absolutely have to) and we always dread it. Red Roof Inn is pet friendly, so we booked a reservation with them (we've stayed at other RRI's with our pets before and had a good experience). This RRI had a good sized room and was nicely decorated. They knew we had our dogs, so they placed us on the first floor at the end of the hall near the door (much appreciated). The morning breakfast area was clean and well supplied. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a very nice stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Tell them if you have pets with you...they will place you on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. We feel proud to know that our hard work is paying off.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. An excellent review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again and I hope your future visits with us will be as pleasant as the recent one.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our second time staying at the Red Roof in Troutville, VA while in town for the Roanoke Kennel Club obedience trials. Both times the front desk was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable with easy access to the outside for our dogs. This trip the room was short on towels, bath soap and cups but that was easily fixed. Saturday night the rest of my family stayed with relatives nearby so just me and the dogs. Since we did not have to be anywhere until 11:15 am I was looking forward to sleeping in. However the front desk decided I needed a 6 am wakeup call, which woke up the dogs also, so no going back to sleep. When I talked to Dawn at the front desk she said was very concerned someone else would not get thier call but just laughed about the fact I got the call. Mistakes happen but being laughed at was not exactly the reaction I expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you staying with us againg and expressing your honest feedback. I will make sure that mistakes like this doesn't happen again. Please accept my sincere apology for the desk agent. She is very sorry for her response. It is our promise that no comment will be taken lightly.
We are proud of our customer service and work hard to exceed the expectations from our guests every time.
Please give us one more chance to erase the last one.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a first time I've stayed at a Red Roof Inn, in about 10years. It was easy to get off of I-81. Even know its back up to the interstate I didn't hear the highway traffic. The Front Desk was very friendly and welcoming. We go out luggage and headed to the room. Once we arrived in the room, it was very clean and fresh, the front desk then called to make sure everything was to our liking! Very impressed with the follow up call.

The do off Free WIFI and it was at pretty fast speed.

The beds are firm and relaxing after driving for several hours.

The rates were cheap, I usually stay in 4/5 star hotels with the prices to go with them. I would give this at least 4 stars, due to the price and amenities.

There several restaurants within a couple of miles to enjoy. The Front desk is very helpful in getting you there.

They do off a Free Cold Breakfast. They have toast, muffins, fruit, cereal, juices plus coffee. It's a great little breakfast to start your day!

Our experience was so positive we stay at a Red Roof Inn on the way home! Thank you for giving us an enjoyable experience. The staff was great and I would like to thank them for all there hard work!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troutville (Roanoke) Red Roof. We are proud to welcome you back with our brand. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your future visits at any Red Roof Inn will be as pleasant as the recent one with us

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Comfort Inn Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
#4 of 5 in Troutville
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81

Been to Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville? Share your experiences!