“best red roof ever”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
High Point, North Carolina
“best red roof ever”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

ive stayed at alot of red roofs...this is absolute the best.....the front desk lady (melissa) was so helpful and bubbly ....made us feel like a home away from home..u dont find ppl with her down home personality...the room was great...the pool was excellent...breakfast was great.....we will be coming bk

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
South Tamworth, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very friendly at the reception. Good breakfast. Quiet room. Reception said she gave me a room near an exit door because I had a dog with me. That is the kind of consideration that makes me believe a hotel that says it is pet-friendly, really IS pet-friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Adams, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It is gross. It is dirty and old. The carpet has so many spots. I looked for bed bugs, but I didn't see any. I stay in red roofs often, and I usually am very impressed. Unfortunately, I banked on the red roof name and didn't check trip advisor before stopping here. I won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Very friendly staff, reasonable rates, and a nice room. One of the best values for a pet friendly hotel.The staff was very helpful recommending place to eat. Check out was fast. I will be staying here on my return trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to like this place but that just didn't work out. Inside the front desk was cluttered with a sign indicating that the pool was closed. The elevator ride to the room was reminiscent of a bad carnival ride because of the noises it made as it ascended. Sadly, the elevator was cleaner than the room. The carpet (in the room) had white stains on it, the popcorn ceiling was falling down in several places, and the bathroom fan sounded like it was on its last leg. The bathtub had mildew all over (I decided to pass on the shower). The bed was the worst part... Yellow stain and "hair" at the head end of the bed. Gross. If this is a hit or miss hotel I guess I missed this time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

With a great price,awesome staff,and pet friendly,you can't beat this hotel.I'm s Pilot /Escort vehicle and stay at least 150 nights a year in hotels.I appreciated their customer service and their 24 hour single cup coffee and espresso machine.

• Stayed December 2013
Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although some Red Roofs are built, others are taken over, and that is clearly the case here. In addition to having an indoor corridor (which I didn't really want because getting in and out are not as easy) they have an indoor pool and spa from where you can watch the sunset. they are also next door to Cracker Barrel, and the Interstate, and thus easy to find. They have a lovely pproperty includinmg a waterfall. When we stayed here on the way up, we immediately decided to stay here on the way back as well. The pet wing was full coming and going, and it's easy to see why. We saw the stinkbug sign, too, but not any actual bugs. Hey, they don't bite!

Room Tip: If you travel with pets, you'll be on the first floor. I think they have the whole wing just for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eslbee
JATIN P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. This will only help us to improve our levels of commitment to our guests and their experiences at our hotel. I hope to see you back during spring when our weather changes to Florida winter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Comfort Inn Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
#4 of 5 in Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Been to Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville? Share your experiences!