“Nice pet friendly hotel”

Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Orange Park, Florida
“Nice pet friendly hotel”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Very friendly staff, reasonable rates, and a nice room. One of the best values for a pet friendly hotel.The staff was very helpful recommending place to eat. Check out was fast. I will be staying here on my return trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to like this place but that just didn't work out. Inside the front desk was cluttered with a sign indicating that the pool was closed. The elevator ride to the room was reminiscent of a bad carnival ride because of the noises it made as it ascended. Sadly, the elevator was cleaner than the room. The carpet (in the room) had white stains on it, the popcorn ceiling was falling down in several places, and the bathroom fan sounded like it was on its last leg. The bathtub had mildew all over (I decided to pass on the shower). The bed was the worst part... Yellow stain and "hair" at the head end of the bed. Gross. If this is a hit or miss hotel I guess I missed this time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

With a great price,awesome staff,and pet friendly,you can't beat this hotel.I'm s Pilot /Escort vehicle and stay at least 150 nights a year in hotels.I appreciated their customer service and their 24 hour single cup coffee and espresso machine.

• Stayed December 2013
Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although some Red Roofs are built, others are taken over, and that is clearly the case here. In addition to having an indoor corridor (which I didn't really want because getting in and out are not as easy) they have an indoor pool and spa from where you can watch the sunset. they are also next door to Cracker Barrel, and the Interstate, and thus easy to find. They have a lovely pproperty includinmg a waterfall. When we stayed here on the way up, we immediately decided to stay here on the way back as well. The pet wing was full coming and going, and it's easy to see why. We saw the stinkbug sign, too, but not any actual bugs. Hey, they don't bite!

Room Tip: If you travel with pets, you'll be on the first floor. I think they have the whole wing just for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eslbee
JATIN P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. This will only help us to improve our levels of commitment to our guests and their experiences at our hotel. I hope to see you back during spring when our weather changes to Florida winter.
Concord, California, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here twice while touring the area. Very friendly staff and nice breakfast buffet. My son loved the indoor pool since it was chilly out. Front desk had lots of suggestion AND coupons for us. Felt very much "at home".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn B
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went to the area for a NASCAR race and to visit a few historical points of interest. The grandsons enjoyed the pool while I soaked up the warmth of the hot tub. Front desk was awesome. I had a smoke free room but wish they would make all Red Roof Inns smoke free.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family and I stopped here for one night during a road trip. The lobby was nice. It was all downhill from there. There was no one at the desk and after walking around calling "hello?" multiple times with no response, I had to call the desk to finally get someone to check us in. There was a sign at the desk indicating they were infested with STINKBUGS and they were trying to get rid of them and they were sorry. Had it not been very late and I had two small children in my car I would have asked for a refund and left. I wish I had. This hotel is old and has not been redone in some time. The carpet was stained and gross - it smelled like cat urine. The linens were old and faded, the pillows were very thin and no extras to be found. And yes, there were a few bugs in our room and despite keeping our bags zipped shut a few made their way to our next destination. No offer of a refund, or a referral to another hotel.

The only reason I give it two rather than one stars is that the breakfast was pretty good, and the staff was friendly. We have stayed at other Red Roof Inn's that were much nicer, This place is a dump.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Comfort Inn Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
#4 of 5 in Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Been to Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville? Share your experiences!