“Terrific little pet-friendly hotel!”

Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel and now I've come to think of it as my home away from home as my relatives live down here and we visit fairly often. It's clean, affordable, right off I81, is VERY pet friendly, has pleasant hard working staff and right next to a Cracker Barrel! Really, what more could you ask? There is a free continental breakfast but we prefer to eat at Cracker Barrel. There's a nice pool and hot tub too. I'd like to see at least a small fitness room but hey, for the price you can't expect everything. Our room also had a small fridge and microwave though the bathroom amenities (shampoo, etc.) are a little skimpy so bring your own. We have 2 very lively jack russell terriers and I was a little concerned about them but they did great and we also saw several other dogs staying there. They also have a nice grassy area where your canine buddies can relieve themselves. Very convenient! Southern hospitality at its best! We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cissie44

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Due to a recent storm and the fact that we lost power on a day where the heat index was 114 degrees, we had to move to a hotel to escape the heat. This hotel is close to where we live and accepts dogs, so it was a no-brainer. I think I may have secured their last room, as many, many folks were being turned away when we arrived to check in. Cannot imagine a friendlier or more helpful staff than the one at this hotel. My husband has MS and needed to get in out of the heat; however, when we went to our room, we found it had not yet been cleaned. The kind housekeeper on the second floor, immediately took care of our room so that I could get him in out of the heat and settled. Many times during our stay I returned home to work on clearing brush from our property and clean out the refrigerator, etc. On every return back to this hotel I was greeted warmly from several different workers, all of whom I am sure were exhausted from the extra work involved in having a full house for several days. Our room was clean and well appointesd, beds very comfortable. No, this is not the Ritz, but it was a fabulous value during a time when a hotel room was a necessity. Adjacent to a Cracker Barrel, so eating out was not an inconvenience. Other restaurants are within half a mile of this hotel. The only thing that needs improving is the carpet in our room had many stains, so it could use a good cleaning, and the lighting in the hallway was very dim at night. In my book, these are very minor issues. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone needing a clean room at a great price.

Room Tip: Pick a room on third floor (there is an elevator and this hotel has an interior corridor out of the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beachboundfamily
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Virginia and West Virginia had a horrible storm last night, Friday June 29, 2012. Their are over 300,000 families without electricity or air in 100 degree weather. The normal nightly rate for Red Roof is $45 a night. At least it was yesterday during the day. When the power went out, they raised the rates to almost $80. I don't know what kind of people are running this place but I will never step foot into the hotel again. Anyone with any sense wouldn't either. Anyone that can take advantage of people that are in a crisis like this don't deserve the business. There are other hotels out there that won't take advantage and would appreciate and take care of their customers! Red Roof is a rip off that doesn't deserve the time of day from anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room at Red Roof!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Concerned115
JATIN P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

We apologize you felt the hotel did not fully accommodate you while you were staying with us. The storm did take a toll on the community of Troutville, VA. All businesses including this one tried to accommodate all guests including local residents during their time of need. Our rates a consistent with the demand of the season and especially during the weekends. Any discounts presented at the hotel were honored. Rates did not change due to the weather situation. We hope you found great value by staying with us as we always offer the following ammenities at no charge to our customers including free long distance in the domestic USA, free deluxe continental breakfast, free wifi, and swimming pool/spa. We are have been long term operators here in Troutville and appreciate the local community. We hope we are able to accomodate your family and friends in the future at our hotel.

Regards,

Jatin Patel, GM

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We selected this hotel for its location and price. The staff was excellent, and the hotel was an excellent value. Room was a little warn around the edges, but clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a very clean and friendly hotel, where the pup was welcome. Everyone was in a great mood, traveling and visiting in the breakfast room. Walking around the exterior, we could hear the sound of a very lively, rushing stream-- hence the name, Troutville! Walked next door to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then it was time to hit the highway. A good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura525
Reviewed June 4, 2012

It's hard to find places that sleep 5 or more so we were happy to find this Red Roof Inn to stay at on our drive home from FL to PA. We had the suite with sofabed in the living room, fridge and microwave, was $109. Room was clean but the sofabed had seen much better days and my 12 y,o. son who is not normally picky was very upset he had to sleep on it.

I had to go down to the front desk twice to request sheets for the sofabed and extra towels as there weren't enough in the bathroom. Help desk woman was courteous and friendly. Pool looked clean but we had no time to use it. Breakfast was ok but had no milk. We thought that was odd and so I had to run down the street to the gas station to get milk in the morning for my 3 kids.
I would rate this as a good place to stay, especially for those who need more room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been a short term extended stay client here and have nothing but great things to say about my stay here. The staff is one of the best I have encountered in my years of hotel patronage, from the housekeeping staff right up to the GM. The rooms are clean and refreshing, they have answered my every need from fax services up to moving furniture to better suit my needs. I highly recommend you chose to stay here the next time you are traveling thru this area. Mrs. Patel and her staff will go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible, this I feel sure of.

Room Tip: Please don't book room 320, that's my room and it is great enough I want to keep it to mysel...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Quality Inn Troutville
#2 of 5 in Troutville
4 mi away
Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81

Been to Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville? Share your experiences!