“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pomegranate Restaurant

Pomegranate Restaurant
106 Stoney Battery Rd, 1 Block Off Route 11/2 Miles From I-81, Troutville, VA 24175
+1 540-966-6052
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Botetourt County's dining and enjoyment experience. Enjoy our American cuisine, our Wine and Martini Bar and our special events Gathering Room. Delightful innovative small plates menu, carefully selected wine. Live music and special events in our 2400sqft gathering room. Reservations helpful.
Roanoke
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

So nice to have a great place to go out and eat and be entertained. We went on comedy night and had a ball. I was surprised the place was not sold out. In my opinion may be the best kept secret in the area.

• Visited March 2013

Virginia
“Is it a Restaurant?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went with a group of friends to see a "comedy" act. I'm not sure what to think about this place, honestly. Is it a restaurant? A club? I ordered some simple fare: salad and calamari. Both were fine but I balked at the prices for the main entrees. Troutville just doesn't strike me as the sort of place where you can expect to ask for $28 per plate.

While we were there the place was dead. NO ONE. The dining room section was closed and the area where we were seated was near an oddly decorated/oddly lit stage. The bar was tiny and I didn't think the wine selection was that impressive.

Overall, I just wasn't impressed. At least not enough to ever give it a second chance.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good food/poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Pomegranete at least five times before submitting this review. Tonight was the last straw and I said I have to put my review online. The food is very good, both in the restaurant and bar. However, the service is bad in the bar area. We have had bad service in the restaurant only once and that was Valentine's Day. There was a problem with the computer system so I 'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The service in the bar area sucks! They are way under staffed. I don't understand why there are not more staff to serve in this area when there are bands playing. If this doesn't change, we won't be going back.

1 Thank rudylyon57
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Little bit expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the fancy place to eat in town - so it's a little bit expensive - but not if you order a cheese steak or a salad - and you get lots of attention from the waiters. Food's good!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank HappyOldOne
Blue Ridge Mountains
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch at Pomegranate and sat out on the deck. The hostess and our waitress were friendly and knowledgable about the menu. The surroundings were very comfortable and we noticed no musty odor inside when we used the restroom. The lunch menu is limited but there's something on it for everyone. My husband ordered the steak and cheese "Philly" sandwich and I ordered a salad. Both were presented well and tasted great. We'll return for dinner when we're passing through the area again (the tapas menu looks delicious!). Very pleasant experience!

• Visited September 2012