All reviews front desk rubber duck room was clean cappuccino machine hot and cold options look elsewhere breakfast bar great rate maintained property take photos next morning restaurant next door road noise parking lot checking out long trip local restaurants
Reviewed September 14, 2017

This hotel was very clean, attractively decorated, the rooms were generously sized, and the staff friendly and helpful. Despite being on a major highway, we found the hotel very quiet, and it was easy to get a good night's sleep. The free breakfast had a lot of variety of both cold and hot options.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Thank you for being our guest. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will be sure to let everyone know to keep up the good work it is being noticed. Glad to hear that you could enjoy breakfast as well. If there is anything I can help with just call 540 992 5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. May you always have safe and happy travels.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Ok, we chose this place because they give your rubber duckies. However the reality was that it was a perfect stop for us with a long drive from Tennessee to Pennsylvania. The rates were reasonable, the rooms nice and a free breakfast is always a plus for any hotel. Convenient to local restaurants and a gas station across the street.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thanks so much for choosing our Comfort Inn. I hope you are giving your duck a nice new home! We have guests send us pictures of the duck's travels and experiences. It is quite fun to see some of the shenanigans those ducks can get into!
I'm pleased your stay was enjoyable and I hope you will visit us again soon. You need more than one duck!!!!
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
540-992-4077

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Checked into the Comfort Inn to take a couple of days off from hiking the Appalachian Trail. The woofers and I were welcomed, even in our dirty, "outdoorsy" state, and given a quiet, clean, comfortable room close to an exterior exit (so convenient for the woofs!) and away from most foot traffic (again, thank you!). The pet policy is very reasonable, charging the pet fee per stay, not per night or per pet. Breakfast was better than many continental offerings as well. Each and every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful as well. The only downside was the lack of pedestrian access in the area, but that is not the fault of the hotel of course, just something to be aware of if one is not driving. There is a local taxi that provides friendly, prompt service for a flat rate in the immediate area.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you trailtails for being our guest. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to hear that you and your furbabies had a nice time and enjoyed yourselves while here. Glad that you had a chance to enjoy breakfast with us as well. I will be sure to let everyone know to keep up the good work. Hope your hike is going well. If you are in our area again we hope you will think of us. Happy trails to all. If I can be of help to you in the future please feel free to call 5409925600 or email at gm.va413@choicehotels.com.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Rooms start at about $100 per night. The hotel is quiet and the rooms are updated. The staff was not the friendliest and did have some difficulty applying the AT Thru Hiker discount, but they were able to get the job done with some prompting. Good free breakfast in the morning. No laundry on site (or even near by) so if you need to do laundry during your stay, look elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry there was a problem with the AT discount. I will look into this so I have a better understanding of what was wrong. Glad you enjoyed breakfast. Sorry we do not have a laundry facility but there is one just up the road at the pilot station. Again thank you for being our guest and if I can help in anyway feel free to email at gm.va413@choicehotels.com or call 5409925600.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

You remember this place because of the small rubber duck they leave in the bathroom as a marketing ploy and so far we have three of them in our home. This small spot does everything right and I have stayed in larger Comfort Inn(s) that are horrible by comparison. Staff is friendly, rooms clean and breakfast fine. Secondly, there is a new terrific full service diner right next door with three outdoor firepits for wine and, THIRD, may I recommend a dinner at the COACH AND FOUR in Roanoke. Not far away and best meal around So this little spot is a gem.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank reisen1955
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Thank you for being our guest. It is great to hear that you like our ducky. Hope you can send pictures back to put in our book. I will let everyone know to keep up the good work. We hope you will come back and see us again. If I can help in anyway you can email at gm.va413@choicehotels.com or call 540-992-5600. Safe and happy travels always.
General Mananger