“Not a great experience”

Comfort Inn Troutville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for an adult sports competition. Arrived later on Friday night and the gentleman at the front desk didn't seem interested in helping my husband. Just not a very good attitude. Encountered the same thing in the breakfast bar with the attendant taking care of it. She practically yelled at an older lady just looking for the coffee. Really disappointed. Lastly beds were smaller than I had expected but we made it work. Most disappointing part was the service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

First let me thank you for your thoughts. I would like to tell you I did speak to the individuals. I do apoligize for any negative actions that they may have had. The clerk wasn't feeling well that night, but that is no excuse, and the bar attendant doesn't remeber anything like that. But I can assure you that I have dealt with both of them and it won't happen anymore. Again I would like to apoligize and I hope if you are ever in our area again you will give us a second chance.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Troutville

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a mid way point for my wife and I on our trip from upstate NY to Palm Coast, FL where we have family. We have learned over the years after making this trip over and over again, that not all highway hotels are created equally. This particular hotel is one of those thath we definitely recommend. The staff is outstanding, and the location off of I81 is very convenient. The hotel itself is very clean and well taken care of. So may times we have settled for hotels because we were just too tired to look elsewhere. If you can plan your trip and this makes a good stopping point, we highly recommend this stop.

Stayed: April 2013
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad that we help to make your trips back and forth more enjoyable and that we help some of the worry out of your stay. I concur we do have an outstanding staff here. We look forward to your next visit. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I always rate this hotel with the highest marks because they never disappoint me. I stay at hotels 4 nights a week and this is one of my favorites. Everything is close by and the hotel is cared for by the best crew around. Lindsey is by far the most friendly, welcoming, and professional guest services associate at any hotel I stay at.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thanks as always Steve. We truly value you and you great comments about the hotel and about the employees here. I do have a great staff and again will let them know about your comments about us. As always we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during a volleyball tournament in Roanoke. Luckily the room was paid for by my employer because I would have been even more upset if I had spent my own money on it. As soon as I walked into the hotel, I was overcome by the smell of stale smoke. That ruined the rest of the stay for me. I woke up the next morning excited for breakfast. Breakfast is served from 6-9am. I got there at 8am and there was no milk, yogurt or fruit left. And no attendant to be found. So I walked over to the front desk to ask if I could get some yogurt and the front desk girl said, "Ummm, there's a breakfast attendant." When I told her she wasn't in there, she said rudely, "Well, I'm sure she's in the bathroom." The hotel was fairly quiet, but the pillows were the smallest pillows I have ever seen. Half the size of a regular pillow, which made for an uncomfortable sleep. All in all, I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, I would choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

I am sorry to hear we missed the mark completely with your stay. We do have a smoking section of the hotel but it is at the far end of the building and should not penetrate the entire public areas. We also have a breakfast attendant that tends tot he breakfast bar during the hours of operation. I will certainly see why we were low on supplies and the attendant wasn't tending to the bar.
I will also address the manner in which you were spoken to by the desk staff. I am forwarding your comments to the hotel General Manager and she will contact you within the next few days.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Rooms are ok size wise, but clean. Breakfast was good, always well stocked. Also staff is friendly and helpful. Choice privileges tip, if you use your "choice points" to stay in room and you are a "platinum member" you can ask choice reservations for an upgrade if rooms are available. And thats usually for weekdays. Not the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for the pleasant review. I am pleased you found your room clean and comfortable and the free breakfast a good start to your morning.
We are conveniently located off of I-81 at exit 150A. There is several restaurants nearby and some of the cheapest gas in the area.
I hope when you return to the Troutville/Roanoke area, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this awesome hotel every chance I get. Lindsey checks me in and is so warm and friendly. I watched her with other guests too and she just treats everyone so nice. She is a true asset to this company. Very professional. She should be doing commercials for Comfort Inn. Everything about this hotel is top notch! The rooms, the breakfast, the employees, excellent. I will continue to do business with this fine hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank steveritter
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thanks Steve! Your awesome too. Your right Lindsey is a dear and she really does treat everyone great. I agree she is an asset. Who knows maybe one day you will see her on a commercial. We look forward to your next visit. Take care and thanks for the great review.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Warm greeting upon arrival. Very friendly staff. Room was comfortable and clean. Great price. Easy access. Breakfast was okay, would like more vegetarian/vegan options. There are nearby restaurants and a grocery…all within walking distance. It would be great to have a fitness room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 5Merlin5

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I am glad that you found it to be clean and comfortable. Glad to see that ole southern charm was at work when you arrived. I will see what I can do about the request and again thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!