“Simple the best Comfort Inn I've ever been in.”

Comfort Inn Troutville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Over the last 2 years I have stayed in various Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Suites) about 50 nights. One thing that has amazed me is that there appears to be no standard for the different brands other than the Suites have larger rooms and are usually newer.

This Comfort Inn in Troutville was completely redone about a year ago. The carpets in the hall and room still look new and very clean. Tub was large and it looked like we were the first people to every use it. Our room was nearly the size of a Comfort Suite room, it was quiet. The mattress was comfortable and the sheets fit (unlike in another hotel I reviewed earlier in the summer). Check in and out was fast and seamless. The breakfast was better than most Comfort Suites: eggs and (get this) western omelettes as well as the usual biscuits and gravy, cereals etc. I wish all Comfort Inns would be like this!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Troutville. Your kind words will be passed on to the staff. I trust when you return to the Troutville/Roanoke area, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.
Thanks!
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Troutville

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I travel from SC to NY on a regular basis, and have an aunt that lives in Roanoke. On this trip, I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting with her. I had never stayed at this hotel before. This hotel does not look like much from the road, but it is very nice. Every staff member I encountered, from the lady in the breakfast room to the cleaners, were all very polite and helpful. Everything was extremely clean and well taken care of. The breakfast was more than your "average" breakfast. The pool was small, but, it did the trick. You could get in and get cooled off. The beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows. Each of the beds had 4 pillows-enough to make everyone happy. The bathrooms were cleaned and well taken care of. After my shower, I hung my towel on the rack for re-use, they cleaners came in and took all of the towels and replaced with clean towels. No unhappy employees here (or they hide it well), and from what I could see, everything was top-notch clean. The staff of this hotel definantly takes pride in their hotel. It shows! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back seem to be the quietest
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was traveling solo from WNC to the Northeast and this hotel was about a half-way stopping point. They offered GREAT Military Rates on their web-site. I found the hotel to be CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. I was in a King Suite (not an extra fee) and it was modern and wonderful except for the view outside the window at power lines, which scared me a little bit because there were some nasty strong storms that moved in after my arrival. The hotel staff could not have been nicer during my stay and my departure. Even one of the hotel's "maids" (a young man) was very very kind in getting me a cart to transport my luggage when I checked out. My room (No. 300) was at the farthest point from the elevator. I questioned this, since I asked for a room close to an elevator, and learned that the KING SUITES are only at the far ends of the corridors (I guess a bad design when the hotel was built??). At any rate, the room was VERY SPACIOUS, CLEAN and a fabulous mattress, nice flat screen T.V. separate commode/shower room from the bathroom sink and vanity. It had a fridge and microwave which was also great because I was transporting some perishables. It was actually one of the nicer Comfort Inn's I've ever stayed in and we usually use the Choice Hotel or Marriott Hotel brands. Both give great Military rates and we're retired Military folks. There was a Waffle House adjoining and a Cracker Barrel w/in half a mile, CHEAP gasoline prices ($3.25 gallon) and not far from Roanoke if you'd care to explore that city. Convenient easy on/easy off the interstate. When I checked out and told the OWNER about the nice staff he has he gave me a COUPON to use at another time for $69.99! GREAT PLACE AND I RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a room on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. Front Desk friendly, fast, and helpful. The room was spotless. I have never conidered taking a bathe at a hotel, but would not hesitate here. Breakfast was hot and again presentable, no messy look what-so-ever. The pool is clean. The cost reasonable, the beds comfortable but firm. IT SMELLS CLEAN! I appreciate the NO SMOKING policy I feel it helps with presentation. HATS OFF TO THE OWNER AND THEIR FRONT DESK STAFF, HOUSEKEEPING AND KITCHEN HELP. We will stay here again

Room Tip: Stop in this Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Great staff, excellent breakfast selection, and nice rooms. Not sure the "safe fee" should be included on every bills, since we came in late and didn't leave the room, we were tired and went straight to bed. We did NOT have a reservation and took a room with 2 double beds, which was fine, we were happy to find a hotel with a room. Very nice staff and enjoyable, knowledgable too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I found the clerk, Brandy , somewhat rude and abrasive. As my first time here , I wasn't sure where to park my 18 wheeler. I parked on the street and walked in to ask where to park and wanted to check in while I was in the office. I was handed back my ID and credit card and told " I wasn't getting the trucker rate until I could put my truck in the Comfort truck parking area." She could plainly see my truck outside and made me feel like a thief with her comments. Some other off hand comments were made by her.
First impressions are very important in any business and having this person as the "face" of your hotel can turn some people away. The front desk should be courteous, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. This woman lacked most of these attributes.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank flannelalexander
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Excellent location. Easy access from Interstate. Peacefull. Excellent breakfast. We enjoyed our one night stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!