“Room was OK, but carpet and especially outdoor corridor needed cleaning..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Troutville

Quality Inn Troutville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Bakersville, North Carolina
“Room was OK, but carpet and especially outdoor corridor needed cleaning..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I gave this an average rating because the desk clerk was very helpful, and the room was clean, the beds were nice, the bathroom clean. However, the room carpet, after I spilled a bit of water on it and got a bath cloth to get it up, proved to be really dirty. The outside corridor was visibly very very dirty, with a few cigarette butts scattered about, and dirt everywhere. Had the bed and room itself not been properly dusted and clean appearing, I would have given it a lesser rating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank binjammin
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We do pressure wash our sidewalks and steps on a regular basics. With the pollen in the air, we have to perform this more frequently. I will help maintenance keep a closer check on these issues.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Our room was on the ground floor, large room with a large bathroom. This was a nice hotel, just off the interstate, easy to find, next to Cracker Barrel and close to several restaurants. The staff was very helpful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NewMexicoGrammer
Thank for your wonderful comments. I am glad you had a good stay and I hope the rest of your trip went well.
Elkhart
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed in the older portion of the hotel which was a bit dated but was clean. The staff was great at check in and out. Breakfast was good, hot food and some cold choices. Location was good for my travels with pretty easy access to the highway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Thomas B
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I am glad you had a good stay. I hope the rest of your trip went well and you arrived safely.
Morgantown, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for one weekend night while visiting the Roanoke area. The staff was friendly. I had a room in the newer front building with interior corridors. It was decent, about normal for this level of facility.

What marred an otherwise good stay was the Internet. At night, I could see and connect to the WiFi network but their server never gave me an IP address so I couldn't use the Internet. I tried multiple devices, including my laptop, phone, and an iPad. The next morning, the system did give me an IP address but the connection was so slow I couldn't even check the weather. Seriously hotels - make sure your WiFi actually works so your travelers can make the most of their stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bitmapped
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about the WiFi and I will check on this issue. It is important to us that we meet your needs.
Haverhill, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Room was a bit dated but was clean and comfortable. After over 15 hours on the road, driving from Boston we were road weary and drowsy. Not a good combination. We checked in around midnight and the overnight clerk couldn't have been nicer. First room, the key didn't work. The clerk re did the key and made a second for an alternate room. We were escorted back, The first room had a dead card key so we were walked right over to the second room and practically tucked us in (not really). The room featured two regular sized beds a table and chairs, flat screen tv, twin sink vanity and toilet inside a small separate room with tub & shower. Small fridge and coffee maker that made barely passable coffee with non dairy creamer (yuck). Free breakfast I. The lobby was good with a decent variety and thankfully, good strong coffee. Water pressure seems good and I'm looking forward to a morning shower to wash the road grime off and set out refreshed for another day on the. Road. This isn't a Sandals or a Embassy Suites but was a comfy break from the road, we slept like logs. Maybe should have 5 stars because of recent refurb but still seemed dated so 4 stars it is. Still, I highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steveo978
Thank you for your comments. I am glad the front desk agent was able to meet your needs. I hope the rest of your trip went well and you arrived safely.
Santurce, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ask for a room in the new building (Our room was #309, first floor). This building has interior corridors, but no Elevators. Clean and comfortable room. Excellent breakfast with eggs and bacon and you can take your breakfast to the room. Next to Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room in the New Building, first floor (NO ELEVATORS). Interior Corridors and were able to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goga171
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
We appreciate the kind remarks. I hope the rest of your trip went well and you arrived safely.
Vidalia, La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Check in was a little slow as I think the Attendant was nervous. I got the feeling that maybe she was new at her job, but overall it was okay. I was only there for a few hours, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. This is an older motel with outside entrance and no elevator. Appreciated Carol having the breakfast out a few minutes early as I had to drive 800 miles after I left there. Breakfast was the usual for a Quality inn, except she has cheese omelets which I liked. Didn't see the waffle Iron. Check out was quick.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your stay. I hope the rest of your trip went well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Cambria Hotel & Suites
#3 of 39 in Roanoke
4.5 of 5 stars 673 reviews
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Been to Quality Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!