“Very Good Value”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Grand Bay, New Brunswick
“Very Good Value”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We only stayed one night but found it very good value. The desk clerk was extremely helpful and moved things around to accommodate my request for a ground floor room. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fine. This is probably the best Quality Inn I have stayed in.

Room Tip: No elevators. Request ground floor if you don't want to haul your bags up the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The hotel was OK. I did not know it was located on a major truck stop along a highway. What was really upsetting is that the rack rate in the hotel was only $71, but Hotels.com was listing it at $89.95 and charge me that amount. So next time you use Hotels.com be extra careful that the site is not overcharging you. In fact, I would expect to find hotel rates lower than the rack rate by using Hotels.com, not the other way around.

Room Tip: Hotel located in a major truck stop. Request a room away from the highway. The "annex" bui...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed one night in Troutville on our way to Monticello, Williamsburg, and D.C. and it was a great place. They have two buildings, one with indoor corridors and one with individual entrances from the outside. We stayed in a handicapped room on the lower level of the upper building with outside entrances. It was very clean and had new furniture and furnishings. The room had a large flat screen TV, a refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable, no backache the next morning! Fonda at the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. The breakfast was very tasty, with lots to choose from....sausage patties, sausage gravy, egg patties, boiled eggs, pastries, English muffins, bagels, toast, etc. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. The wifi was easy to connect to. It was a great value....coupon was in the interstate traveler's coupon book. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hendersonville, TN
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to get a handful of hours sleep on a recent long-distance drive. Rooms were recently updated, clean, and comfy. Hotel was also dog friendly. The breakfast was your typical standard fare, but was fine. It was a great value and we were quite satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I were passing through...exhausted from our long drive..This hotel was clean and reasonably priced. In the morning we were back on the road..little did I know, one of my bags were left behind (It had 20 years of my one of a kind designer jewelry in it) We were so exhausted, we didn't realise until we got back home to Texas. I was sick, holding my stomach in disbelief.. 25 years of my treasures could be gone..."where did we leave it"...Finally it came to us...There was no way I thought I was getting it back...I had some nice pieces, (I was in the fashion industry at one time). We called the Quality Inn in Troutville, spoke to a man named Louis Garza...I was in disbelief! He said he had it right there at the front desk! I can not tell you how happy I was..I was thrilled... grateful... I cried....Louis, you have restored my faith in humanity. Any company should (and would) be honored to have you watch over their business...you are an honest man! Thank you~ Thank you~ Thank you~ xoxoxoxo

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed in room 101 ground floor juccuzi sweet. the room was very clean , the staff was very friendly and helpfull. the breakfast was good and it was a safe friendly place to stay. I would highly reccomend this hotel to any travelers or business groups. they make you feel welcome and like family there.there are restraunts within walking distance like Crackerbarrel, Mcdonalds, ect.. . gas is inexpensive at the pilot station an the hotel is right off the interstate. the beds were new an comfy. you can not beat this hotel for the price. i read some of the other complaint reviews and found them to be not true. the nite i stayed there they sold out so you should definetly make reservations ahead of time. the owner an manager both asked me how was my stay. It was excelent you couldnt find a nicer ,cleaner, friendlier , hotel anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! final coment the pictures of this hotel do not do it justice. the hotel is much nicer an newer than the photos show!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best bang for your money!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: request ground floor you can walk right into your room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel has a mix of interior and exterior rooms. Even the exterior rooms are very nice and clean. Well maintained. Granite counters in bath rooms. This is by far the best exterior property at which I have stayed! The interior rooms are newer and very modern in decor. The whole property was kept up, well landscaped and painted. The breakfast was nice. The people were very kind. The manager was unbelievably pleasant. Not your typical Quality Inn. Well worth the money. If you can, get the interior rooms on the second floor facing the mountains!

Room Tip: Interior rooms on second floor facing the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gulliver4u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
#4 of 5 in Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

Been to Quality Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!