“Great menu”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at Eckhard's. The menu has a wide variety of items, and everything we ordered was delicious. We will definitely come back.

1  Thank Dee A

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It's A really nice restaurant.I go there on special occasions.The last time I went there was on A Mothers Day.I believe the price for the three of us was $105.One thing that would be better would be A better selection on their menu.And I believe the vegetables are slack.I see that on many high end establishments.I believe it's A mix of vegetables.I mean they do have different potatoes that you can order.Other than that the service is good.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been a patron for the past five years. Every soup, appetizer, salad, entree and dessert have been flawless. There is attention to detail and the Master Chef, Don charts with precision. It is always a treat to visit. A warm and welcoming environment. The soups and steaks are to die for...

1  Thank Seesung
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner in on a Wednesday. I had a German sampler and she had soft shell crabs. They were flexible and catered our order to gluten free. Excellent house salad dressing. A bit pricey for the area, but it seems that the Northern Neck of Virginia has high prices in all its restaurants.

1  Thank Dwayne P
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We knew the German couple who started this restaurant had sold it several years ago. We counted on the many positive reviews and looked forward to renewing our appreciation of authentic German food. Unfortunately, it didn't happen last night. After living in Germany for nine years, maybe my expectations were too high. Certainly, the place was nice, the staff attentive and professional...it's just that both entre choices were not recognizable. The sauerbraten was not marinated for the very lengthy time required to give the beef the deep flavor required. Under the topping of sweet and sour, the beef was just roast beef and not the falling-apart succulent beef you can get anywhere in Germany. The Jagerschnitzel was bad although edible. First, it was bland, unlike ANY such dish in Germany. This meal in any German restaurant would have a rich beef gravy, influencing every bite. The veal was breaded and fried but the breading was totally overwhelmed by the gravy and was separated from the meat. The veal was tender and the mushrooms tasted okay but the meal just wasn't good. Also, when we heard spaetzle would be served with our meals we were stoked, remembering fondly the freshly made noodle we were used to in Germany. Not so much here...a small bowl of a few orange colored rubber things were placed between us to share. Rubbery, cold and not buttered. The Jagerschnitzel was served almost cold, too so that detracted again from the meal. We did see other diners enjoying huge prime rib portions and desserts that looked great. I am only talking about the German food we had last night. Maybe the chef had a bad night or maybe the current chef has never tasted authentic German foods. My recommendation would be for him to take a week and visit Germany and sample the food they are attempting to sell in Topping, Va and learn from the trip. We were prepared to love the food here since we waited for a special occasion but sorry to say, the German food fell way short. I will return to try the awesome looking prime rib but will stay away from the fake German food.

1  Thank HDS757

Been to Eckhard's? Share your experiences!