“Horrible”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Never again mold on the wall black dark black nasty mold. I chose this hotel to use my choice points my son was camping 2 miles up the load with the boy scouts. Cancelled my reservations left went up the road to comfort inn excellent service, excellent rooms.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank blackmansmom

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I wish I would of never stayed here and requested my money back but didn't. We had our dog with us so the choices were limited and we didn't know the area that well. The 1st room they put us in had a really bad odor and was dingy old and dirty. I went to the manager and told him I needed to change rooms because the smell was making me sick. He stated that that was the only room if you had a dog. I told him that I couldn't stay in that room with the smell. He gave us another room which didn't smell but was still dirty and gross. I hope that this place gets shut down by the brand it represents.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Staceygirl46
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a last minute stop and we will definitely book ahead next time to avoid places like this. We booked a room with a roll away bed and had to remind them that we needed it when we arrived. First thing we thought when we entered the room was where the heck would it go ? It arrived while we had stepped out and was just left by the door. It was left to me to move a table and two chairs around to make it fit under the ac. Not good. The room stank of smoke and the bathroom was a disgrace. This place wasn't worth 40 bucks let alone the 85 we coughed up (pun intended)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dibs39
Reviewed August 6, 2013

For $70 (AARP rate, before taxes), it was borderline ok, but we probably should have spent more for the Holiday Inn Express, or did a bit more research & stayed at another exit.

This is an older property with exterior entrances, no elevator, and not well maintained. Also, WI-FI was not working - probably just can't reach the second floor, and TV reception was inconsistent. However, some of the issues reported in earlier reviews seem to have been addressed, as the desk clerks were pleasant, both in check-in and in check-out. Also, our room was adequately clean, and appeared to be bug-free.

Glad to have 'fridge and microwave in the room, and the continental breakfast was ok, too - waffle-maker, hard-boiled eggs, along with cereal & muffins.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!!! There were tons of hairy spiders in the room!! They were living under the night stand, under the bed and there was even spider eggs! The carpet was dirty, shower dirty, dingy run down hotel overall. When we were leaving and warned the people that were going to be in the room next door about the spiders, they checked under their night stand and it was the same way!! The man at the front desk didn't even seem surprised or concerned!! Just said "Spiders, hmmm???", and asked if we wanted to see more rooms. The only positive thing was he gave us our money back without a hassle. NEVER STAY HERE!! TRUST ME, THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT!! We ended up at the Sleep Inn in Stoney Creek, VA, which is about 80 miles away, but after the experience we had here, the drive was well worth it. Plus who could sleep right after they saw that anyway???

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Nirav M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hello,
Thank you for sparing your valuable time to input your opinion. And, we apologize for responding to it this late.
We did so because we wanted to fix the issue before we can respond to it. We just got done renewing and installing brand new carpets in all of our rooms. This was the second phase of renovations after changing the TVs to flat screen LCDs. While we were changing the carpets we got the entire hotel treated and cleaned for any such infestations. Yes you were right about the spiders in that room. That was taken care of in all the rooms right during the installation of new carpets so that it is clean from inside out.
Given that, we have a few more renovations coming in early 2013. So, if we are able to earn you as our customers one more time, I am very confident that you will not come across any such issues. Please let me know if I can do anything to earn you as our guest the next time you are in town. Even if you don't stay at our hotel when you are in town, we would still love to let you check out our rooms before you even decide to stay here or not because we are confident enough that you will like our new renovations and may decide to stay with us.

Nirav Mehta

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked this sight unseen..Check in process was normal, lite breakfast was good , sheets were clean and that is where it ended. Room smelled ( yes this is a pet freindly hotel ). carpet needs to be cleaned. Hotel staff gave me a spray to use to get the smell out of the room. There is a very nice Holiday inn next door.

Room Tip: Ask for NON Smooking and a NON Pet room, if you don't have pets
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Nirav M, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and sparing your valuable time to write your thoughts. Yes, you are right. We are a pet friendly hotel but, we have a bunch of rooms which are isolated for guests with pets. We try to keep guests with pets in those rooms and also have Smoking and Non Smoking rooms separate. Unfortunately, the guests don't declare that they have a pet even after asking and also sometimes smoke in the room that is a non-smoking room. We try and air it out as much as possible. But the odor of cigarettes sometimes stay behind as well of the pets. We sincerely apologize that you had to go through such a room.
Also, we are in the process of changing the carpet of the whole hotel and bring brand new mattresses in the short future.
If I may do anything to gain you as our guest again, we assure you that your experience will be far more better than last time.
Once again Thanx a Ton for sparing your valuable time to write a review. Your opinions are valuable to us.

Nirav Mehta

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We checked in here 8/10/12 for an overnight rest while traveling south on I95 and were given a nasty room (dirty bathroom, broken tile & old/ worn toliet seat). The manager was on the balcony for someone else when we going back to the office and he did not need to see what our compaint was and offered us another room. The second room was not any better but did have a hole in the wall above the bed. Manager did full refund no problems. We were surprised to see a Choice Hotel in this condition.

Room Tip: Nicer hotels further south off I95
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Nirav S, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We are extremely sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your satisfaction level for a stay at our hotel. I did talk to the front desk clerk, and as presumed, we never question our guests complain. That may have been the reason for not checking the first room. We always try to maintain and renew our hotel as and when needed and keep our guests comfort and satisfaction the most priority. I want to re-assure you that we are on a constant lookout for any maintenance or preventive maintenance required. If I may re-gain you as a valued guest, I do assure you that you will not have the same experience.
If I may do anything to re-gain you as our valued guest for your next stay in town, then please feel free to contact us.

Nirav Shah
Owner/Franchisee

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!