Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Best customer service!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Excellent service by Cheryl over the phone when i called to make resverations she informed me of all the accommodations and was very very nice. when i arrived at the hotel i was pleasantly greeted by chrissy who was very nice as well and hardworking she was willing to help with the questions that it had. i had a wonderful expreerince i cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your time to post a review, we greatly value your business and look forward to seeing you again! I will pass these comments om to Cheryl and Chrissy. They are a important part of out team and again thank you for mentioning them. Have a great and safe 2014!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Dear, Management Department

Upon my travel for Communication work I was warmly welcomed by Miss "Chery" I was kindly and quickly check in. She very professionally informed me or the Complimentary Breakfast, wake up call, and check out time. Also she was very sweet and more than generous to my questions of the Fitness room, Business Center, and Local restaurants with directions. Immediately entering my room my phone rang with friendly concern of my room along with asking for anything I would need. Very clean, appropriate stay. Your staff has a very bright future to serve you for her Employment opportunity.

Sincerely, M. Wimer

Communication Tower Technician, STS

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting your feedback. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will return when in the Fredericksburg area. I will pass these comments on to Cheryl. We appreciate her hard word and will recognize her as well. Thanks again and have a great 2014!!
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Excellent service offered by attendant, Cheryl, very pleased with the whole operation and accommodations.
A rating of A+ from arrival to a recommendation of an eating place coming in late for a reservation, was greeted with a very pleasant smile and reception.
I normally stay at Holiday Inns, but the greeting was above and beyond the normal realm of
reception.
I will definitely make the effort on my next trip to SC, to stay at this facility.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate your business! I will pass these wonderful comments on to Cheryl and the staff. We know you have many choices and are honored to have you as a guest. We look forward to your next visit soon. Have a great end of Winter and Summer!
Basking Ridge, NJ
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stopped here for 2-nights for another Pokemon tournament near Doswell, VA. It is a LOT better than any of the hotels near Kings Dominion.
The room was very roomy with TWO queen beds, a separate desk for card playing or work and then another desk for computer work and charging.
The service at the front desk was very good and they were constantly offering free bottles of water to their guests.
The free breakfast was standard fare but it did have fresh fruit, lots of coffee and juices and fresh bacon and scrambled eggs.
I did have a problem the first morning with my shower drain. I told the front desk on the way out and when I returned that night, it was completely fixed.
Overall, well worth what I spent and very convenient.

Room Tip: Higher floor room, not near an elevator. Always the best choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. We appreciate your time and you staying with us! We know you have many options on the road and as mentioned some even closer to your venue. It means a great deal to us! We hope you did well in the tournament and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a wonderful 2014!!
Manasquan, NJ
Reviewed December 28, 2013

After getting a late start on our drive to North Carolina, we decided we weren't going to make it all the way. We pulled off at the next exit and there was a Holiday Inn Express. Yes they had a room and we were set for the night. The lady at reception was quite pleasant and knew all the local places to eat. The room was large and spotless and the beds were comfortable. We didn't use and of the other amenities except the breakfast room.

Room Tip: We took the first floor, don't it can get noisy when someone moves in over you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We greatly appreciate all feedback. I do apologize you had some noise issues. Indeed please ask for a top floor and we will ensure you have one that is comfortable and quiet. Have a great 2014 and we look forward to seeing you again!
Connecticut
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for the convenient location on our way home from South Carolina. We were looking for something by the highway with a pool. Although it met our inital requirements, for the price, it felt short. The pool was nice and clean but had no towels. When we brought this to the staff's attention we were basically told there was nothing they could do, so my kids walked through the hotel soaking wet. We had a room with a pull out bed but there were no sheets in the room. We stopped by the front desk to ask them to please put sheets on the pull out while we were at dinner but we were told we could pick up sheets to put on ourselves when we got back from dinner. Also, the sofa bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I don't expect them to be great but it was really bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear noworriesmom,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a few issues with the room due to the maids but the manager was very helpful. The front desk staff was very friendly. There were lots of bugs at the side entrances I would avoid those. The pool and hot tub were decent. Overall my stay was good for the price I paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear R0adtripping,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. It is good to know that the issues encountered was addressed in a timely manner b y our hotel staff. We apologize for the problems encountered with the cleanliness at the side entrances. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornburg
Best Western Plus Thornburg Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#13 of 41 in Fredericksburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruther Glen
Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South
Comfort Suites Fredericksburg So...
#15 of 41 in Fredericksburg
Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint
Holiday Inn Express Fredericksbu...
#22 of 41 in Fredericksburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
Address: 6415 Dan Bell Lane, Thornburg, VA 22565 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118))
Location: United States > Virginia > Thornburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg 2.5*
The new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg-Fredericksburg, VA is conveniently located off I-95 at exit 118. Our hotel offers a 100% non-smoking environment & our famous Express Start Continental breakfast featuring the best tasting cinnamon rolls. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Thornburg & enjoy our other offerings of the Simply Smart Bath & Bedding Programs, free local & toll calls, free HSIA, a complimentary business center, 24-hour guest laundry, a refreshing heated-indoor pool & whirlpool & a 24-hour fitness center to stay in shape while on the road. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118) Hotel Thornburg
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118)
Holiday Inn Thornburg