Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Augusta, Georgia
“We will be back!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I just recently stayed here for two nights. The hotel is quiet and clean. I think with the hotel being newer the rooms could be a little better but over all we loved it. We will definitely be back that's for sure. We loved the pool area...very relaxing! Also, I must point out your front desk clerk Barbara. She was there to assist in everything we needed and was so nice. If she isn't the manager she definitely should become one at least for her shift! She was there for all of our needs and always asked if we needed anything and was so polite. Such a great help and hard worker even with being so busy. We look forward to our next stay with you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It means so much that you do that and you choose to stay with us. We know you have many options and it gives us great pride knowing that you will return. Have a great summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
East Coast
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very nice hotel with a very responsive staff.
Pulling in here in the midst of a snow/rainstorm that had stalled I95 changed a frustrating evening into a relatively pleasant experience.
A large, nicely furnished, spotless room and a recommendation to a local Italian restaurant changed this forced stopover from an irritant to a pleasant night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to give us your feedback. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. I will pass these words on to the staff. Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had 2 nights booked here, but arrived a day early so we ended up staying 3 nights. The hotel was quiet, and clean for the most part. The room was clean, and a decent size. The indoor pool is small, but nice. The pool towels are about the size of hand towels! Many people enjoyed the good breakfast, and although the dining area was full, there were no problems with supply or seating. There was some initial confusion with our billing, but it was resolved (at our initiation) before check out and we were not double-billed. There are a couple of fast food choices within in walking distance, and very easy access to the higway. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel had most of what I look for in this class of hotels. The sheets & towels were clean and smelled fresh. All of the staff was very nice and accommodating. The free breakfast was great, real bacon, eggs and biscuits, can't get much better than that. Wi-Fi worked with no glitches. The pool, fitness center and business center didn't get much use from me, but were adequate if I needed to use them. My one issue with this hotel was, or should have been, not so easy to see. The room looked clean at first glance, but once all the lights were on, the grime on the walls, door knobs, tables, bathroom sink, etc. was noticeable. This is precisely why I invest in a new can of Lysol with every hotel stay. It took me about 15 minutes to make the room sparkle and I was satisfied. However, when I stepped into the hallway and the elevator, the subpar cleanliness was once again visible. All in all, I will stay here if I am in the area again, with my can of Lysol of course. The housekeeping staff should really step it up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charleston
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We made reservations to stay here before we left home. When trying to set our GPS, unfortunately the address wouldn't come up...maybe the hotel & road it's on is new?? We called & was given a different city than the website reservations had given us, which worked.When we arrived, we were greeted by Barbara, who had already upgraded our room (we're Platinum Priority Club members). There's a popcorn machine in the lobby which we enjoyed the freshly popped treat. Our room was nice..large with comfortable beds, flat screen TV, and a separate living room area with a couch. Everyone on staff that we encountered were friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and the Holiday Inn Family...we truly appreciate you being a "platinum" member. We know you have many choices and we are honored to have you as a guest and hope to see you soon. I will also pass on to Barbara the good mention of her. We love hearing those comments...Take Care
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was meeting a client in Thornburg, VA. I knew there was a Holiday Inn there, but did not know anyone at the hotel. I walked in and told the manager, Richard Bowles, what I needed. I was just wondering if he had a space I could hook up my laptop and see a client for a few minutes. He showed me to their very clean cafe. My few minutes with the client turned into about an hour. Mr. Bowles could not have been more accommodating. I sent an e-mail to the owner of the hotel on behalf of Mr. Bowles, and got a very nice note back from him. If the rooms and the rest of the hotel are anything like how they treated a complete stranger, than I would highly recommend this property. Bobby Kelland

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

NO BUGS, I read a review of this hotel from 1/12 and was concerned because of the reviewer's complaining about seeing bugs and poor service. BUT we're long time travelers and have stayed in 100's of Holiday Inns and NEVER had a problem. We always look for Holiday Inns or Best Western which we feel are clean , nice and excellent service, and we're NOT wrong for this holiday was excellent. Staff very friendly, service good and even had pop corn in lobby at night for snacks, what more could you ask?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NYGeorgiaJim
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate you not only staying here but your loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brands. We added the popcorn machine in December and have gotten great feedback so that will be available every night for the guests :) Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornburg
Best Western Plus Thornburg Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South
Sleep Inn Southpoint
Sleep Inn Southpoint
#14 of 42 in Fredericksburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#13 of 42 in Fredericksburg
Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South
Comfort Suites Fredericksburg So...
#15 of 42 in Fredericksburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruther Glen

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
Address: 6415 Dan Bell Lane, Thornburg, VA 22565 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118))
Location: United States > Virginia > Thornburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg 2.5*
The new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg-Fredericksburg, VA is conveniently located off I-95 at exit 118. Our hotel offers a 100% non-smoking environment & our famous Express Start Continental breakfast featuring the best tasting cinnamon rolls. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Thornburg & enjoy our other offerings of the Simply Smart Bath & Bedding Programs, free local & toll calls, free HSIA, a complimentary business center, 24-hour guest laundry, a refreshing heated-indoor pool & whirlpool & a 24-hour fitness center to stay in shape while on the road. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118) Hotel Thornburg