Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
BestWestern.com
Quality Inn(Thornburg)
$60
QualityInn
Sleep Inn Southpoint(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$100
$97
Country Inn
$129
All reviewsusual hiepopcorn machinecomplimentary breakfastrest stopgreat stopcinnamon rollswould stay here againspacious roomyogurtdesk clerkbreakfast staffair conditionerpleasant stayinterstatectcouponmicrowave
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Quick one night stay while passing through on I-95. Conveniently located near freeway, but not right on it. Good rate.

First pass through check-in was efficient, but the first room had not been cleaned (towels on floor, bed stripped, used drink cups on tables) hence 10 minute delay while finding clerk and arranging second room. The second room was fine. Non-smoking king suite. Largish room. Nice firm bed with smallish 4 pillows. Sofa, desk, fridge, microwave, ironing board, iron. Everything was very clean and seemed relatively new. Slight truck noise from freeway, but did not affect sleeping. Free wireless internet was OK; no problems.

Breakfast: very nice included breakfast bar typical of Holiday Inn Expresses I've visited recently -- hot cinamon rools, cheese omelettes, sausage, choice of juices. Good coffee. Nicely presented. Lots of tables and room to spread out.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Everything about my stay from beginning to end was not good. When I walked in to check in, I had to wait for the clerk to finish his personal call on his cell phone. I got into my room, that was supposed to have free internet access, and the ethernet connector was broken. When I reported that, they didn't even know what I was talking about. The room itself was not what I'd consider clean. After having stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Fredericksburg, I was more than disappointed!!

Room Tip: Book your room at the Holiday Inn Express in Fredericksburg, the rooms are much nicer, cleaner and the service was impecable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte R
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we value all feedback and appreciate your time. We have had a managment change and have had a strong focus on cleanliness and customer service. We feel both items should be expected when you stay at our hotel. I invite you back and fully trust your next experience will be a positive one and this hotel will make your feel more than comfortable when you are away from home.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Please let me explain that I usually try to give the benefit of a doubt and this was our SECOND time staying at this hotel in the last 6 months. The first time wasn't as bad because we didn't spend as much time there as we did this time. So to get down to why this hotel is so horrible. First it is DIRTY! The carpet, Tile, Pool, Hallways, you name it it had dirt, grim, dust, just trust me when I say it was bad! There was a dead bug that remained on the wall the entire 4 days we stayed there. We left it there on purpose to see if it would get cleaned up and it didn't. Then there was another ALIVE bug in the bathroom that we killed and threw away.
The beds are HORRIBLE. You get a super hard mattress with pillows that don't give any kind of support so you are basically laying flat on a hard surface. If the floors weren't so dirty I would have slept on them instead.
If you intend on sleeping in past 10 AM GOOD LUCK! The housekeeping couple is LOUD and they bring there 2 year old Baby along with them who likes to yell and scream! Lucky for us we were already awake but I thought about the late night travelers and felt bad. Our room was only cleaned once the whole time we were there. and they didn't even take the towels that were on the floor. They just left them. I have never stayed at a hotel that has done this.
The front desk people are short and to the point I wouldn't say rude but they didn't make us feel welcome that is for sure.
I would say the WORST thing about staying at this hotel was the elevator. Now I am the type of person who doesn't too much care for elevators to begin with so this just made it worse. Once you get to the third floor the elevator makes a horrible LOUD grinding noise and shook pretty bad. Now if the elevator is in perfect working order thats fine but I feel they should warn people that it does that so they don't' get scared.
Two times staying at this hotel was ENOUGH! We will be looking for another hotel the next time we visit family.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AliciaTedrow
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Got a great rate on Hotwire, which made this a worthwhile overnight stay. Sierra at the front desk was pleasant and offered dining suggestions for the area. My room was spacious - I was assigned one of the handicapped rooms (e.g., 201, 301) - but lacked a coffee table to accompany the couch. Looked like the carpet could have used vaccuuming. There was a large flatscreen TV, an average-comfort mattress, roomy handicapped bath area, though an annoying feature was a motion-activated bath fan. Highlight of the stay was the complimentary breakfast - not the food, but the enthusiastic and personable P'Kay, who attended the breakfast line. I haven't experienced a nicer person working so diligently while carrying out his duties. P'Kay was exceptionally polite and professional, and the reason for my "Excellent" Service rating below.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stopped here for 2 nights, never again, on check in no recognition of being a platinum member, had to shout at the desk to get attention from a man in the rear office. Breakfast selection was not being replenished, first day did not see any staff looking after it, on the second day a man walked in once and then we never saw him again. Got back on the second evening from visiting the Civil War sites and found our room had not been serviced.
Staff seemed lazy and uninterested, by far the worse HIE I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple