“Good stop”
Review of The Rail Stop

The Rail Stop
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rail Stop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in The Plains
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 245
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our second visit and mirrored the fist. The food was very good and I particularly liked the duck. My wife ordered the lobster dish which was a little bland and she started with a gazpacho suop that was a lottle to spicy for her but was just right for my taste. One of our friends had the scalops which he throughly enjoyed.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great little place in The Plains. The decor is a little more downscale than quaint, but it's got a nice local feel to it. And the food is great!! I had the French toast, made with rich whole wheat bread studded with pecans. My companion had an eggplant dish that was spectacular - rich with color and flavor. Excellent!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped in this cute little town specifically to have lunch somewhere other than a fast-food chain along an interstate highway. We had not heard of this small restaurant, but it looked cute and the specials looked interesting.

We were there on a Saturday, so maybe the regular staff wasn't on duty. The service was slow, with the two waitstaff spending time leaning on the counter engaged with their cell phones.

The portions were almost laughingly small, I had a crab cake sandwich that was like finger food, but tasty. No one else in our party of four liked their meal.

I know other folks have had a far better experience here, I'm sorry we did not.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped in here on Saturday for lunch. There was more than enough tables and the server was very pleasant. My husband had the reuben which he said was one of the best he has ever had and I had the chicken parmesan sandwich which was a special that day. It was good but nothing to tell everyone "you have to have this" like my husband's sandwich. The food was very slow to come out but we weren't in a hurry so it was fine. We would go back in a heart beat and try dinner next time!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Rail Stop is our "go to" place for our anniversary and our birthdays. The food as well the service is excellent!! My husband who does not particularly like seafood was in awe of the crab cake appetizer. We always sit at the counter where you have a view of the preparation of food by the chef's - like watching a cooking show. The cosmos are perfect as well (thank you Bruce). Saturday evenings are super busy, so if you cannot chill and enjoy your dining experience then go to a fast food restaurant. This is my absolute favorite restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Keep up the good work!!!