“Going Wrong Way”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tazewell
Manassas, Virginia
“Going Wrong Way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I needed to be going west but I was going east, not knowing exactly where I was and motel looked good, and I believe I had seen some reviews on tripadvisor. I was attending camp meeting at Richlands about 20 miles away, but running late and being tired a hot shower was what I really wanted.
Front desk was very helpful and showed me the room, upon seeing room and king size bed I took room.
Motel is old but inside looked like newer paint, dark colors, and nice carpet.
Room had all new light bulbs which made it seem dark with dark paint, but not to bad.
Bath was clean and shower worked fine, tub had been replaced with plastic inset.
Motel was fairly quiet. There was no cars at 7PM but at 11PM parking lot was almost full.
Late night dinner can be had at Hardie near by, now open until 11pm
For the money, fifty+tax, and how do people sleep on tax? Not too bad, but no pool or workout room. Free newspaper and coffee in morning. Worst thing was I kept getting lost.

Room Tip: I had first floor, which I prefer, but second floor rear might be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank George G
Paresh P, Owner at Fincastle Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review for Fincastle Motor Inn on TripAdvisor. We like to provide the best service possible to our guests so that they are satisfied while enjoying their stay with us. We are always ready to show our guests the rooms prior to checking in (if they wish to see it in advance). I like your comment about the newer paint, dark colors, and nice carpet. Both the carpet and the paint are new indeed. Thank you again for all that you mentioned in the review. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were traveling on bikes and got caught in a storm and was told about this place. I called and the staff was super friendly and held room for us until we could get here. We came in drowned and tracked water and all in the lobby area and was told not to worry about any of it as we apologized for the mess, the also told us we could pull our bikes up on the sidewalk closer to our rooms. I would stay here again if we r in these neck of the woods!!

• Stayed July 2013
Paresh P, Owner at Fincastle Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Sir/Mem, thank you for providing a positive review for Fincastle Motor Inn. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff very friendly. They will be excited to hear about your response. We have no problem in holding rooms for our guests as long as they let us know early, just like you did. Even for cancelling rooms, it is better to call as early as possible. Plus, feel free to park your vehicle closer anytime so that it stays out of both storm and rain. We hope you will remember us again the next time you travel through this area. Once again, thank you for your review and for staying at Fincastle Motor Inn.
War, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

When the terrible storms ripped through our area in June 2012, we were left with no electricity in terrible heat. We made the drive across the state line into Tazewell looking for a place to stay. A lot of people were displaced due to the storms and we were very grateful to find a vacancy here. We had a double room with ac and cable tv. This is a smaller and older hotel but was adequate for our needs. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. We would stay again :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Janet D
Paresh P, Owner at Fincastle Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We do appreciate that you wrote a review for us. I am sorry to hear about your storm incidence. I notice that you had to drive all the way across the state to come and stay with us. But I am glad that our hotel met your needs well. We will continue to serve our guests in a friendly manner and will continue to keep the rooms clean during all times. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms are bare boned and not being kept up well at all. (old) """"Needs new beds"""" All rooms needs a remodeling and Replace all bed ! The owners are still the same people and they are friendly. But you pay for what you get. If you find yourself in Tazewell VA and needing somewhere to stay 'this is not IT,

Room Tip: Not here needs a remodeling and Replace all bed !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank kim s
Paresh P, Owner at Fincastle Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for an honest review for us. Sorry for the inconvenience that we may have caused you at our motel. We are under changing our amenities that includes our interior bedding system too, and pretty soon all rooms will be updated. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
Traveler
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

It is still $66.00 even (including tax) and $10 more for a double.
However, the rooms have deteriorated considerably in the 4 years since I was here last time.
The owners are still the same people and they are friendly.
The rooms are bare boned and not being kept up well at all. I now see that the reason every room is decorated differently is because they are a mish-mosh of furnishings that have been cobbled together.
Still no breakfast here and still the only game in town.
So...as I said before...if you find yourself in Tazewell VA and need somewhere to stay...this will have to do.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Ozcfied
Paresh P, Owner at Fincastle Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
The price you have mentioned is correct. I am sorry for inconvenience that we may have caused you at our motel. I am glad to hear that you found the owners to be friendly. We recently renovated our rooms and are continuing to update our bedding system. Now, we also have the complimentary breakfast with coffee available at the front office every morning. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your review and hope to see you soon.
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

This motel is pretty good taking everything into consideration. The owner and the staff are all quite nice. They have decorated each room differently. Some of the rooms are quite nice indeed. We paid $66.00 even and it's $10 more for a double. That includes the tax. They don't do breakfast but do offer coffee. As far as I know it's the only motel in town so...if you find yourself in Tazewell VA and needing somewhere to stay 'this'll do'.

• Liked — It was convenient for us at the time
  • Disliked — No breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
8 Thank Ozcfied
Paresh P, Owner at Fincastle Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for an honest review. We are glad to hear that you found the owner and the staff all quite nice. I also like how you found some of our rooms to be nice as well. You mentioned the rates correctly too. The good news is that now we have a complimentary breakfast along with the coffee that is available at the front office everyday from 6 to 9 am. Anyways, thank you for staying at Fincastle Motor Inn and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tazewell
Holiday Inn Express Claypool Hill
Super 8 Richlands/Claypool Hill Area
Americas Best Value Inn
Comfort Inn Bluefield
Comfort Inn Bluefield
#1 of 1 in Bluefield
Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College

Been to Fincastle Motor Inn? Share your experiences!