I needed to be going west but I was going east, not knowing exactly where I was and motel looked good, and I believe I had seen some reviews on tripadvisor. I was attending camp meeting at Richlands about 20 miles away, but running late and being tired a hot shower was what I really wanted.
Front desk was very helpful and showed me the room, upon seeing room and king size bed I took room.
Motel is old but inside looked like newer paint, dark colors, and nice carpet.
Room had all new light bulbs which made it seem dark with dark paint, but not to bad.
Bath was clean and shower worked fine, tub had been replaced with plastic inset.
Motel was fairly quiet. There was no cars at 7PM but at 11PM parking lot was almost full.
Late night dinner can be had at Hardie near by, now open until 11pm
For the money, fifty+tax, and how do people sleep on tax? Not too bad, but no pool or workout room. Free newspaper and coffee in morning. Worst thing was I kept getting lost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fincastle Motor Inn is an independent motel located in Tazewell, VA. It is the only motel in Tazewell and is a very nice place to stay. It currently rents rooms on a daily and weekly basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Fincastle Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fincastle Motor Hotel Tazewell
- Fincastle Motor Inn Tazewell, Virginia