“A 1938 Facility Still Rolling”

Lowery's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

If Lowery's were in Wildwood, New Jersey, it would be the best restaurant in town. It is very good in Tappahannock. The crab burger is a tasty lunch. The sides are excellent as is the sweet tea. Fresh seafood is the draw.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stopped here for lunch when travelling through and are glad we did. The service was very good from the start and the range of food on the menu was excellent. The food came quickly, was very well presented and very tasty. We'll be stopping here again next time we're passing - definitely recommended.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our service was incredible considering there were 8 of us hungry and changing orders mid stream multiple times. Our waitress stayed cool, calm, collected and did a great job keeping a sense of humor. The wine list is limited and the food a bit uninspired but the crabcakes were as advertised: very little fillers. Good for a family meal out in a classic old seafood style.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stopped there on a Sunday for dinner with a group of motorcyclists on the way back from Norfolk. I really thought this place would at least be better than what I experienced. Everyone had the buffet. Most of the food was overcooked and tasteless and the vegetables, having been cooked to a pile of mush, were disgusting. Even with several trips to the buffet, I didn't have any of their famous fried chicken because the tray was continually empty. None of it is worth the $19.95 buffet plus beverage price!

After having Maryland Crab Cakes,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

It has been a couple years since we had a dinner ride here. My wife and I had the buffet while good..it was a bit on the expensive side. The staff seem slow in getting the food resupplied. I ventured out to the buffet bar several times before I found any shrimp avail. Sunday was extremely busy.

I would go again...but would probably opt for a different meal.