“Pretty Good Seafood”

Lowery's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Coast, Florida
“Pretty Good Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Two of us ate dinner there on a Thursday night. I had the all-you-can eat shrimp dinner. I got so much shrimp on the first serving that I couldn't eat it all. The shrimp were OK, but I thought they were a little overcooked. My mother had the fried oysters and said they were the best that she's ever had anywhere. The sides were very good and the spoon bread (or whatever it was) they served at the beginning of the meal was yummy. The service was excellent.

Visited June 2014

VA
“Can't beat it !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Route 17 going North & South parallel to I95 to Va Beach or points south, even returning from NC is always our choice. It is our choice to avoid traffic, but most importantly, we are heading for Lowery's. Last stop was on Memorial Day. They had a great "Memorial Day Picnic" style buffet. Well, the Brunswick Stew was a lot sweeter than I like, but I plunged on. As always the ribs, fried chicken, real mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob was spot on, the green beans a little too salty from the ham bits. For buffet food the items were not the norm, but small batches fresh from the kitchen. They are known for their seafood, and the fried oysters, fried clams were the best. The waitress was attentive and kept us supplied with the fresh yeast rolls. Dessert bar was stocked with many great cakes & pies. Many others, couples, and families were there for dinner, but it was not crowded. Our favorite restaurant destination on Route 17.

“Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Memorial Day Buffett was nasty. Greasy, cold and over seasoned. Soup tasted like someone poured sugar bowl in it. Absolutely worst food we've ever had here. Such a shame because this use to be known as one of the best places around. :(

Norfolk, Virginia
“Prom Night in a small town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We rolled in for our anniversary dinner to Tappahannock on a warm night that turned rainy, but it did not keep the local high school students from sharing their Prom Night dinner here. It was buffet night, and man the selection. Most of what I saw and delved in to was hand created, including the delectable salad bar fare. I had nice big steamed shrimp, ribs, beef, meatballs, fried clams, fried fish, baked fish, fried oysters to name a few of the items. Some things were better than others, but it was a tasty experience. Now, the price...It was a bit steep, I think around 28.00 or so, but for kickin' food, I'm willing to pay it. The regular menu was extensive, and although a little pricy, looked darn good as well!

Visited May 2014
Lancaster, Virginia
“Lowery's is always a good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were visiting Tappahannock for the garden tour in Essex County and stopped for lunch. As usual, the service was good and the food tasty and reasonably priced. The restaurant was packed on a Saturday, but they have ample space and help to handle large crowds.