Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tappahannock
Philly
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Ugh...do not stay at the Super 8, stay here if you visit Tappahannock, VA. The Super 8 was the most disguisting hotel ever, thankfully the Holiday Inn Express right down the street had a room available. The room was very very clean, the beds were awesome and it even came with a cool LCD tv! Plus, the room was very spacious. The only weird thing was that there was no closet?? I thought that was odd. Anyway, the pool and hot tub are open late and the staff was extremely warm and friendly. Would def. go back anytime!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank RocklandAngel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I were getting married in Tappahannock, and most of our guests were coming in from out of town. I reserved a room block months in advance. Because of the nature of our party, we needed a variety of room types, and the HIE was more than accommodating. As the nicest hotel in Tappahannock, it really was a great place for our guests. The breakfast was more than just your standard danish and coffee, and the "breakfast room" was really large. Everyone who stayed there was really happy. The suites were very large, and the executive jacuzzi suite served us well as a "night after the wedding" room. The rates felt a little steep even with our group discount given where it was located, but you can't go wrong with this hotel if you are in the Northern Neck area.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank AWB10092010
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2010

This hotel was a gem in the middle of nowhere. If Tappocanock is not nowhere, you can see it from here. I was so grateful to find this hotel.
Checkin was speedy and the room was all I could have asked for. I had a king room and it had plenty of space. The furniture was all new and updated, as well as the bathroom. I appreciated the new showerhead becasue I am a tall man and I did not have to stoop to shower. Pillows and linens were very noce as well.

* the only odd this is that the TV was an HD LCD byt they only got standard cable. NOT HD channels. So the picture was tine on the big screen *

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pumpkinhead44
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My stay was good, and the night clerk (Allen) is very hospitable and accomidating. My overall stay is good. The only thing that I am dissapointed in is the lack of water pressure in the showers. Other than that everyone is very nice and i would reccomend this hotel to my co-worker

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Spazsgurl
Tappahannock, Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I went there for a wedding and I traveled with a friend. The guy who checked us in was named Allen and it was because of him that we will be back. The hotel itself is beautiful and well appointed. The hotel is modern and beautiful. The front desk staff was great, especially Allen, who also recommended the greatest seafood restaurant called the To-Do Cafe. I would stay here again at twice the price. Thanks to the hotel and Allen.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
woodbridge, va
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Location allowed for short walking distances to shopping and restaurants.
Once in our room did not hear noises from other guests, i.e., TV, running water.
Very friendly check-in staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mablelina
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This is a very roomy hotel! I had a king bed room that happened to be a handicapped accomodation. There was a large "kitchen" area with a small sink, a microwave and a small refrigerator. There was a ton of cabinet space, but without a full size refrigerator and a stove, I don't think I would want to use this for a long-term stay. The bathroom was very roomy as well. There was plenty of counter space, and I especially liked the built-in shelf unit to the side - - great for storing stuff away from the sink. The main problem was a lack of water pressure, at least in my third floor room. The shower was barely strong enough for a good shower. If not for the removable slide-bar shower head, it would have taken a while to rinse off. While it is admirable that they use extremely low-flow toilets, I found that I had to flush several times for it to be effective.

The hotel is located next to a Wal-Mart with grocery, beer and wine sales. The parking lot access is kinda funky, especially since the portico is on a dead-end, making it tough for buses. Tappahannock doesn't have much to offer in the way of restaurants. There is an Applebee's right next door, but for our one meal in town we chose Los Portales, across the street. Since the restaurant is not listed, I won't be reviewing it separately, but it is a mediocre Mexican restaurant with excellent service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Zaphod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tappahannock
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Tappahannock
The Inn at Stratford Hall
The Inn at Stratford Hall
#1 of 1 in Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock? Share your experiences!