“Very clean, great location and very quiet.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tappahannock
woodbridge, va
“Very clean, great location and very quiet.”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Location allowed for short walking distances to shopping and restaurants.
Once in our room did not hear noises from other guests, i.e., TV, running water.
Very friendly check-in staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mablelina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This is a very roomy hotel! I had a king bed room that happened to be a handicapped accomodation. There was a large "kitchen" area with a small sink, a microwave and a small refrigerator. There was a ton of cabinet space, but without a full size refrigerator and a stove, I don't think I would want to use this for a long-term stay. The bathroom was very roomy as well. There was plenty of counter space, and I especially liked the built-in shelf unit to the side - - great for storing stuff away from the sink. The main problem was a lack of water pressure, at least in my third floor room. The shower was barely strong enough for a good shower. If not for the removable slide-bar shower head, it would have taken a while to rinse off. While it is admirable that they use extremely low-flow toilets, I found that I had to flush several times for it to be effective.

The hotel is located next to a Wal-Mart with grocery, beer and wine sales. The parking lot access is kinda funky, especially since the portico is on a dead-end, making it tough for buses. Tappahannock doesn't have much to offer in the way of restaurants. There is an Applebee's right next door, but for our one meal in town we chose Los Portales, across the street. Since the restaurant is not listed, I won't be reviewing it separately, but it is a mediocre Mexican restaurant with excellent service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Zaphod
Bowie
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Tappahannock has about 4 hotel, motels to choose from. I have been through the area multiples of times over a 10 year period, and this new Holiday Inn that came in two years ago was a welcome and refreshing addition to the tired ones that have been in the area forever.

That said, it is concerning that a hotel that is so new, and there is so much emphasis on that, that the provided services, are average at best. The breakfast foods for the continental breakfast taste at best bland, and are clearly out of a box and frankly a step above poor for me. The fresh fruit they claim to offer is rarely available. All other beverages, coffee, juice and employee whom works the breakfast area, are hospitable, friendly, and at least the areas are kept clean.

As far as the rooms, communication, and web services in my business is paramount. For the price paid in this area (about double that of any location in Tappahannock) Free Wifi is great, and that is what is advertised. but if it is skecthy and poor many times, who cares. You may as well not offer it, if it is slow, and at best not much better than dial up. While this is certainly not always the case there, it has happened on several of my stays, and frankly kills my ability to be productive and connect.
The flat panel TV is great, however many channels that are touted are not available. Most recently, ESPN was not available.
Often times the amenities are not fully available. not a big deal, but if you are going to offer them, have them there. Lastly, bugs, in a new hotel, now about 2 years old, this is simply unacceptable. The work out room, and pool are fantastic, and well kept up. The staff and front desk folks are very nice to me, and treat me well. I feel comfortable checking in with them, and they know me as a Priority club member, and I get the benefits that I have earned.

That said, the place needs some attention or it could very quickly become a place that is not $$ competitive. new amenities don't mean much if the product is not well kept, and this could quickly happen with a transient community coming through every day. I hope things improve. I like the place, and frankly it is the best the area has to offer. Choices are few.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Cookenstein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tappahannock
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Tappahannock
Dollar Inn
Dollar Inn
#2 of 3 in Tappahannock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock? Share your experiences!