“Good place to rest”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tappahannock
“Good place to rest”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I frequent this hotel everytime im in the area visiting family...great staff...clean rooms...great location!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank jaijai1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Georgia
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel mix up with reservations. Staff was excellent in solution. Treated me like an old friend. Gail and other evening shift person was wonderful. You don't find that type of customer service everyday . Thanks again. Dr. R. Wells

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank von362436
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

For the area this is the only choice. After a long day it was nice to relax in a clean room.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark R
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a typical h l express made even better by it's staff. We were leaving before the breakfast was supposed to be out but the staff prepared it early so we could eat before we checked out. That is outstanding service. The south will rise again with this type of attention.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank rawsco1
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Booked in advance using the 1-800 number. When I checked in, the GM would not honor my rate. Turns out they based my 'rate' on a three day stay. No concession was made and I am a Gold Level Member. I have never run into this bait and switch issue before. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. I went down the street and stayed at the Days Inn. They were wonderful to me and 1/2 the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SadTraveller_4
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear SadTraveller_4,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock, VA. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tappahannock.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Belcamp
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a very nicely updated Holiday Inn. Check in was easy and quick Rooms are large and comfortable. 3/4 size frdige, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Great complmentary breakfast in the morning - Eggs, sausage, french toast,waffles plus all the continentnal breakfast istems. Individual room temperature control via thermostat on the wall.

There is a desk clerk by the name of Gail who is not afraid to go above and beyond just to make two guests' stay that much more relaxing. Mr. Patel, you have a gem in Gail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MaryHaw
Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable anniversary weekend get-away here in April 2011. Then in November I was surprised to discover another charge from this SAME hotel on my credit card statement. I called the hotel and talked to the lady on duty. In a polite tone she told me that their records indicated I had called their hotel directly and reserved a suite for a night in October (same timeframe as other "BEWARE" message). When I did not show up or cancel the reservation in time, a "no show" charge was billed to my credit card (same one I used back in April). I explained to her in detail WHY it could NOT have been me who made this reservation. I could NOT have made the call to the hotel on the date & time she indicated. I knew several weeks in advance that I would be in Tennessee on that date - nowhere near this hotel. I never received ANY confirmation, either by phone or e-mail, from this hotel to alert me to this reservation. Therefore I was totally unaware this reservation had been made in my name using my credit card! Since she didn't have the authority to resolve this issue, she told me the manager would call me back soon.
A few days later the manager did call me back. I a very rude & confrontational tone, he argued why it MUST have been me that made this reservation. He insisted nobody at his hotel had done anything wrong, was NOT interested in hearing ANY of the reasons I gave as to why it couldn't have been me, and would not refund my no-show charge. VERY unprofessional behavior from this manager - definitley NOT the way to treat a customer or previous guest. I hung up on him. The corporate office's customer service dept. wasn't much help either - told me the hotel manager was the one who decided IF a refund would be granted. I finally had to go through my credit card company. Based on the reasons with supporting evidence I provided, successfully got a credit to my account from the credit card company for the entire amount in Jan. 2012!
Based on this incident, I will NOT stay here again and have blocked this hotel from using my credit card in the future.
IF you make a reservation at this hotel, do it through the company's official web site! IF you have stayed here in the past and used a credit card for payment, check your recent credit card statements for any unrecognized charges from this hotel. When you check in & out of this hotel, verify that the hotel staff is following ALL proper procedures for safeguarding your credit card from unauthorized use. Report ANY unauthorized charges by this hotel to your credit card company ASAP - let them know this has happened to at least 2 others so far!
This hotel SHOULD be following proper reservation procedures - verify the name, address, and credit card information for anyone they have on file who calls in a reservation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank James W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tappahannock
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Tappahannock
The Inn at Stratford Hall
The Inn at Stratford Hall
#1 of 1 in Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock? Share your experiences!