“Not sure I would go back......”

Roma's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: Italian
“Not sure I would go back......”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

First, the manager was very unprofessional as he scolded the waitress in front of our table. It was not necessary as she had been there only two weeks and was doing a good job taking care of us. The calamari we ordered as an appetizer was pretty skimpy and very disappointing for $6.95. It was not large enough to share. The salad bar was very bland. Kind of reminded me of the Golden Corral, but many less options. The bread was tasteless. On the positive side, our party enjoyed the entrees we ordered. Everyone tried something different and each was well presented. Maybe we should try takeout next time we think of Roma's.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paul D

“Last reviewer”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was at Romas the day the police were called for that woman. There may have been pastors in the party but she was quite rude. She did not ask for a $5 discount on bad food. She was refusing to pay $5 and acting a fool. It was quite a scene. I have been going to Romas since I was a child and I take my kids there now. This business is built on good food and great service. Any time anything has not been right, the owners always made it right.

1 Thank TappaGirl
Richmond, Virginia
“Complete Disrespect of Customers”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I absolutely would NOT recommend Roma’s in Tappahannock for a dining experience. I'm very shocked at the behavior and rudeness of the owner/manager. We rented the private room for an event. My food was okay (not great) but the biggest turn off was the complete disrespect towards the customers. One patron (out of 25 people and many of those being pastors and ministers) asked for a discount off of food that couldn't be eaten because it was so bad. The food was sent back to the kitchen but nothing was tried to rectify the situation. All the manager said to her was "Sorry you don't like it". Others at the table had over-cooked pasta but their dishes didn't go back to the kitchen. When the ONE person asked for a discount off her food ($5 off of a $36 bill) she was police escorted off the premises and told if she didn’t like the food she should not come back. She said “Okay, I won’t”. The customer stayed calm, never raised her voice, even when the manager shouted at her in front of the entire party group in the private room (which should have been a private matter). The party immediately broke up and everyone left shocked at the complete mistreatment. Never seen a police escort out of a restaurant for asking for a discount on NON-EDIBLE food.

3 Thank Kendra K
Saluda, Virginia, United States
“The Worst Restaurant Experience Ever!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I ordered the Steak with Fried Shrimp dinner that came with a 1 visit only salad bar, and 2 sides. Now I can count on one hand how many times I’ve sent food back or complained.The Steak I ordered medium well, it was cooked medium. My shrimp were over cooked and tasted as if they had been cooked earlier that day and just warmed and put on my plate. The string beans were tasteless even with me adding salt and pepper, and my mash potatoes were cold and also tasteless. Two of my other friends ordered the Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo and their food was also horrible. The noodles were over cooked and mushy, and the alfredo sauce was soupy. The owner was very rude! The Worest dining and customer service experience I've ever had!!!

4 Thank Crystal C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but not always the best service.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I know the menu well being that I worked there for about 10 years. So I know what the food is all about. I have no complaints about it. But the service that I get is not always up to my standards. Staff are often forgetful and a little slow at times.

1 Thank Mykeeplummer