“Not impressed”

Add it.
O' Shucks oyster bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I had the shrimp and grits. The grits were undercooked and crunchy. The shrimp had no flavor. There were some sad, flaccid, soggy bacon pieces mixed in and it was just kind of blah. I may try it again in the hopes that this visit was a fluke.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

O'Shucks is a brand new Restaurant in Tappahannock -- which has needed some good restaurants! The decor is fantastic with the oyster bar looking like the stern of an oyster boat -- actually modeled after one of the owner's father's boat. Pictures all around are of oyster fishing on the Rappahannock River decades ago. The menu is not extensive but includes a good variety of food -- you don't have to like oysters -- my wife had fabulous chicken Wings -- I had fried oysters that were wonderful -- with garlic mashed potatoes. The service was friendly and quick. As one of the "older" patrons, the only issue was the noise level. The classic tin ceiling, brick walls and hard floors make for a very loud place. I believe younger folks enjoy that, but it was difficult to carry on a conversation for me.

It is a great new place and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank Bill P