“Oye, Chico y chica! Aye, carumba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Portales

Los Portales
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, VA
“Oye, Chico y chica! Aye, carumba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

If you're really hungry, whether it's lunch or dinner, this is a dependable place. A couple of days before Fourth of July I tried to go there and they were actually gone on vacation. Another lady swung and when I was in the parking lot and she and I were both disappointed that they were not open. Their food is wonderful, large servings, always the right temperature, and friendly staff make this a go to place almost every time I'm in Tappahannock. I really like the fact that they recognize me as a regular. We never have to ask for a second basket of chips because I always get the white sauce in addition to salsa. If you go away hungry, it's your fault! This is a great place with good hours. I would highly recommend it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank winniezpoo

Warsaw, Virginia
“Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We try to visit here at least once every two months and have never been disappointed save for my wife who discovered that mole is not her favorite...we traded dishes and we were both very happy. Great food, Great Service, Great prices...Highly Recommend

Visited May 2014
Tappahannock, Virginia
“Honest, Fresh Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Honest - Fresh - Great Service! The menu is extensive with options for all. I look forward to the day when the add fresh TORTILLA SOUP to the menu. If this ever happens It will be 5 stars! It would be great if they developed an outdoor patio and if they rotated their special menu - same item for the past two years. I eat there on an average of once a week!

• Visited May 2014
Montross, Virginia
“Mexican magnificence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I eat here once every week with friends. Our comment is always: "I have never had anything here that was not good."
I look forward to dining there every week. The wait staff is always attentive and, because we frequent this restaurant, they anticipate what we want.
My favorites are Chili Colorado, Chili Relleno, and Chili Con questo. The wine is cold, the jalapenos are hot and the food is hot and fresh.

• Visited May 2014
Tappahannock, Virginia
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wonderful TexMex food at rock bottom prices. Service always exceptional, food delicious and waitstaff friendly and smiling.

• Visited April 2014