“Super slow service”

Ranked #6 of 154 Restaurants in Suffolk
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Took forever to get seated when there were 3+ empty tables. Food was above average. Very nice beer and wine menus. Lots of beverage selections. Slow service , had to remind waitress of our drink refills multiple times and she rarely checked on us. Have heard this is the norm here. Dont come here if you are in a hurry.

1  Thank Kathleen C

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great pizza! That is not easy for us to say, because we have had some of the best in Italy. This was a surprising gem of a place in downtown Suffolk, VA. They offer an extensive beer and wine list. We took the advise an ordered the shrimp scampi appetizer...wow! The atmosphere was equal to the food, we love old buildings, and our server was so very helpful to we first timers. Can not wait to share this eating experience with friends and family.

1  Thank Mark and Teresa C
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went on a day trip to Suffolk to look at an apartment and noticed Amici. It is a charming place with a bar and a cute outdoor patio. However, that is where the appeal ends. The food is mediocre at best. We had Greek salads and shared a small pizza. The salad was uninteresting and the pizza was far below our expectation.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Great food place was very busy and waitress was very stretched. Beer list was incredible. We tried several and the bar tender was very informative.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Literally the best pizza I have ever eaten, and I've had my share of pizza. Some nights are more stellar than others, but it never disappoints, and pizza is extremely reasonably priced (2 regular sizes is more than enough for a family of 4). To be honest, I've never even had one of the non-pizza dishes, because my friends/family/I can NEVER pass up the pizza. You can ask them to split your pizza two ways, which is really helpful if you want to try more than one kind. Don't expect to come and order pepperoni; they don't have it, and you won't want it once you've taken the plunge and tried some of their amazing creations. By far my favorite is the Magic Mushroom, which is topped with this fantasticly sweet balsamic glaze (if you don't like sweet...be forewarned). Any pizza with their pesto is DELICIOUS. Also love their Clambake (tons of clams, packed with flavor), BBQ Chicken (tangy but spicy), and Amici Pizza (tons of sausage/meat/peppers). The only pizza my family and I haven't been crazy about is the Buffalo Chicken....not much Buffalo flavor sadly.
Highly recommend this place to anyone and everything....the pizza is worth a 2 hour drive. Options for vegetarians too, though they're limited; the Magic Mushroom is vegetarian-friendly, and as I've mentioned, it's amazing.
Service is occasionally slow, but very friendly; wonderful ambiance; huge beer selection and good wine; usually pretty cold inside, so bring a jacket.