“Good diner food, not great atmosphere”
Review of Bunny's Restaurant

Bunny's Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 149 Restaurants in Suffolk
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We've eaten at Bunny's and done take-out several times....I prefer take-out. I find Bunny's atmosphere to be depressing. It's wall-to-wall paneling, kind of dark, and extremely dated. But it does nothing to diminish the quality of the food we've had thus far. It's the only place I know to go to get REAL turkey sandwiches- not slimy, deli turkey like all these chains. Their hamburgers are great, too, and their fries are my favorite. Their sides have been great thus far, as well. I wouldn't expect anything fancier than diner food- this isn't a place I'd go to eat steak (or veal) and expect it to be fabulous. But it's one of my favorite places for burgers and sandwiches. I hear their breakfast is good, but we haven't tried it yet. The service has always been attentive, though every once in a while it can be a little slow (if it's busy or not).

I gave this restaurant a 'Very Good' rating soley based on the food.

1  Thank jmccullough33

Reviewed May 9, 2011

If you like atmosphere this is not the place. It felt I was eating in a big wooden box. I'm local and took my daughter out for dinner. I had a burger and fries and it was very good. I got the same for my wife and she also enjoyed it. It's a good place to grab and go if you are local or are heading down 58.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

My arrival caused an argument among the waitresses as to who was going to get up out of their chairs to offer me a menu and some service. The waitress that won/lost the argument did a fairly decent job, with food, refills, and the bill being delivered quickly.

The food was rough. The veal was tough and stringy. The sides were ordinary and bland.

I was the last customer of the evening, and the staff other than my waitress made it no secret that they wished I would hurry up. I did leave fairly quickly and the staff was quick to lock the door behind me, even though it was still forty minutes before the posted closing time on the door. I hope no one was planning a later meal that night.

This restaurant was recommended by several friends. It was very disappointing.

2  Thank MikeBHR
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Excellent breakfast and souther hospitality

2  Thank DonnaGSuffolk