“Huge Suite”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Wow! The suite is the size of three rooms! Shower and a separate jetted tub. Very clean, you won't be disappointed staying at this hotel. Close to shopping. We will stay here each time we visit Suffolk!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at this property on a southern Virginia trip. This Holiday Inn Express met both our expectations and our needs. The staff was very pleasant, the room was clean, bed comfortable and room amenities worked. The location was well placed for our itinerary as we had an activity planned in the town of Suffolk and a visit planned for northeastern North Carolina. It is also located within a reasonable distance to Norfolk, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach.

Another positive for us was that directly adjacent to the hotel were restaurants. (even though they were mostly fast food they provided for our needs. We arrived late and it was raining)

The only negative that we experienced was two out of three pieces of gym equipment were malfunctioning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were responding to a family emergency in the area and 5 of us swamped the hotel after 0100. One of our party is in a wheelchair, we booked the only available, on the 2nd floor. When we arrived, the elevator was down. Staff came out and lifted the individual up the stairs, next morning moved us to a first floor handicap access. room. 5 of us stayed in the one room as we were taking shifts at the hospital. We all partook of the full, hot breakfast, the pool area and in general created a lot of work for only one room rented. The staff knew the situation. Things ended badly and many of the staff came to us with hugs and prayers. We could not have asked for better care, cleaner rooms, great breakfast, or better quality anywhere. Great folks, great facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't review every mid-tier hotel that I visit. But, I did review the Hilton Garden Inn down the street and thought it would be fair to share my opinion with anyone trying to decide between the two (as I have a couple of times recently).

It's a different product, for sure. The rooms are not bad, but honestly they aren't quite as nice as HGI. But, I'd pick Holiday Inn in the future specifically for the breakfast option. HGI offers no cheap, satisfying food options, and that's important to us.

Happy travels!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SegundoLunadeMiel
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was great location. First time at this hotel. Will stay here again on my next trip down. The service from check in to check out was excellent. Room was clean and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in the area on business, and needed a property in the west Chesapaeake area at a reasonable cost (last hotel in West Chesapeake was disappointing). The staff was friendly upon check in, and acknowledged my HI status, and they had warm cookies! I found my room very spacious (I beleive most rooms at this property are small suites with a living area and bed area). In addition the room was clean, quiet, the HVAC worked well with a fan on mode. There are 3-4 resturants within an easy walk of this property. My only disappointment with this property and that of many HIE, is with the breakfast. It is the usual HIE grub (must be spending too many nights at HIE, lol). When I return to this area, I will return to this property.

Room Tip: no major noise problems noticed
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paintman0954
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel on three occasions and it had always been nice and clean. However, this time I found the room not as in the past. There was some liquid on the bathroom floor beside the toilet that I didn't want to touch - sticky looking - disgusting! When I went to use one of the hand towels it had long hairs wrapped around it. Yuck! On the floor it went. One bed skirt had some brown stain on the front...gross. The wall had been touch up with an obviously darker color paint -- careless. And when we left (making sure we didn't leave anything behind) we found a child's ball beside the bed confirming the fact that the rug probably had not even been vacuumed since the last person. Needless to say, we didn't rest well that one night. Had we not been staying only one night we would have left.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jebarb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Jebarb,

Thank you for your comments as we are constantly working on improving our product and am extremely disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations this particular day. I am truly sorry for the unusual condition of the room you received during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk? Share your experiences!