“Great Proximity and Staff!!!”

Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Smithfield, Virginia
“Great Proximity and Staff!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here this past week as last minute business change had me zooming through the area, it's a really nice place! I had no idea how convenient Northern Suffolk is to the area as a whole.....other than Virginia Beach you can get to any of the major cities in the area within about 15 minutes!!! Great pool/jacuzzi combo, and even though there's is indoor I like the fact that they let you use the Springhill Suites' pool (which is literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR-we're talking like a 30 second walk) if u want as there's is an outdoor one!

I was staying on business, soy company picked up the tab, but it is prettying on par with most Marriott's, with one definite exception.....if u have the Marriott Reward points to use, definitely use them!!!! For some reason, this hotel is only a Marriott Category 2, which means most nights u can get it for 7500-10000 points, trust me, based on numerous ones I have stayed in, this hotel is EASILY on par with plenty of Category 4 & 5 Marriott's, which usually run about 20K-30K points for a night.

Only issue I had would be lack of free breakfast, but again this is more Marriott policy than this hotel's policy per se.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank edwahou
Dstrick9, General Manager at Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you during a recent business trip to the area. I am glad you found our location ideal for reaching all points of interest in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater region. In addition, If you want to stay close by, we are surrounded by excellent dining, shopping, movie theatres and fantastic golf. All within minutes of the hotel. You also mentioned having access to both an indoor and outdoor pool which gives our guest options when planning leisure time activity. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Suffolk!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The evening manager and the staff were accommodating, caring and pleasant when I needed it most on my short trip! The room was more than comfortable and I wish I'd had more time to take advantage of their Jacuzzi tub! Thank you so much for your kindness! Hope you're enjoying your ruffle scarves!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dstrick9, General Manager at Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm delighted we were able to accommodate you for this quick visit. Next time you will have to stay longer to experience all that the Courtyard Marriott Suffolk has to offer! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels when I am working in Newport News. Even though it is across the river, it is much more convenient than than trekking up to Oyster Point or Yorktown area or risking life and property in the Mercury Blvd area.

This CY has not yet had the "Bistro" conversion. Some CY road warriors seek these properties out as the bistro concept is not universally loved. Staff are friendly and courteous and I've never had any customer service issues.

The only negative is that the fitness center equipment is old and dated. The treadmills don't have individual TVs and (last week anyway) the overhead TV was not working.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dstrick9, General Manager at Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the feedback in regard to your most recent stay with us at the Courtyard Marriott, Suffolk. I'm pleased to hear that our team is courteous and attentive to your needs during your visits. I am looking into the fitness center equipment issues and look to bring resolution to the TV channel opportunities as well. Again, I appreciate any feedback that will help us continue to get better at being a true hospitality leader across all of Hampton Roads. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The only complaints that I have is the remote for the tv is not good and if your bed is near the air conditioner blows right on you which for me was not good. Other than that it's a very nice hotel. Will stay again it's close to everything the highway, restaurants and Walmart.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Marriott, Suffolk. I am delighted that you found our location to be ideal for the activities you planned while our guest. We do in fact have some wonderful restaurants and ample shopping right around the corner along with a fantastic movie theatre close by as well. I look forward to hosting you the next time your travels bring you to the area!
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

A group of us stayed here for 4 nights. The front desk staff were very helpful & friendly!! The entire hotel is clean. The whirlpool wasnt as hot as usual but when I checked they were waiting on a part. (It was fixed be4 we left) they have a nice patio area that our group took over because no one else was there lol, we were quiet. They have a laundry room yayy!! Our housekeeper "Lisa" was absolutely wonderful & very quiet. I've been to a lot of hotels were you can't sleep because housekeeping is so loud. Thanks Lisa!! The bed was very comfortable & the room accomadating, we didn't spend a lot of time in our room on the 3rd floor. There is Free parking, free Wi-Fi, $9.99 breakfast buffet.

It's less than 5minutes away from Walmart, Panera bread, McDonald's, Kohl's, ABC store & more!! Great spot!!

• Stayed June 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you chose the Courtyard Marriott, Suffolk for your group get together and delighted that we were able to provide outstanding service thru ought your stay. Our entire team works very hard and takes tremendous pride in taking care of our guests so I thank you for recognizing the efforts of the housekeepers and others. I appreciate the feedback and certainly look forward to welcoming you all back the next time your travels bring you our way!
Indian Land, South Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have booked a three night stay for a family gathering. This was cut short to two nights, because of certain things at the hotel. Two of the main things were the mattress, extremely uncomfortable, and also the positioning of the TV. On our first morning their we mentioned the mattress and also the TV. The maintenance man, was glad to flip the mattress to improve the nights rest, and also moved the TV so it would actually be able to be viewed while in bed. Unfortunately the mattress flip was not enough. t was just an uncomfortable night sleep, we had to leave.....the TV was moved about six inches, which did accommodate the use of a remote but was still awkward for one person to view the TV....the room arrangement was just off kilter. then instead of having a free breakfast it was a charge of $9.95 per person. this seemed to be quite costly, when you could travel a few miles and get a great breakfast at The Broken Egg, just down the street. As far as hotels, this place could really need some help. they had a pool, indoor only, was small, looked to hold at max maybe ten people. just not worth the price, can stay elsewhere for a much more enjoyable experience. sorry cannot reccommmend this Marriott!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!